Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 12-11-2006, 07:26 PM

support@proline is on a distinguished road

Sorry for late reply
Our shipment will be here end of this week ,so expect them to hit the store ,early next week.
First shipment is reslly limited ,all the people that have prebooked them please contact the store that you purchased them from ,to make sure you are going to receive your controller.
The W-LAN & LAN ,interfaces will be in this shipment as well ,I will update this thread as soon as we have them in our hand
Regards
Jason
Old 12-12-2006, 12:07 AM

i2ik is on a distinguished road

Thanks Jason!
Old 12-12-2006, 01:31 AM

Mr. Scratch is on a distinguished road

What is the price on these particular units if i may ask, a pm is welcomed if warranted.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:23 AM

SuperFudge is on a distinguished road

Sorry so late....i2ik,

Unfortunatley i havent much to update, i am awaiting several pieces that would allow me to do just that, this will allow me to automate several other things i would like to see done with the controller, such as water changes, top up, heating and cooling, possibly some dimming with t-5`s in the near future.

I am upgrading to a third power bar, but await the card to insert to make it work.
Aswell my unit didnt come with wireless capability and also awaiting this part/s for this feature...i can then update that in regards to software user-freindlyness and capabilities.

I have been also enthusiastically awaiting the blutooth/lan pieces to set up alarm calling.
That was one thing at the top of the list in the purchase of the controller...so i cant wait for that.

So, needless to say as soon as i get my paws on this stuff, i will gladly update you all with pics and in good detail.

Thanks, Marc.

Last edited by SuperFudge; 12-15-2006 at 04:32 AM.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:26 AM

So they are finaly here.we just received the shipment today.

for anyone that has a preorder ,please contact your LFS.
very limited quantities ,unfortunately for this shipment we will not have any more units to offer beside the preorders ,the next shipment is confirmed for mid Jan .
Due to alot of interest from our US customers ,that shipment is almost sold out as well ,if you are interested to get your computer from next shipment please contact your LFS ,to reserve one from next shipment ,before the end of the month.
Also if you are interested in the LAN module ,please let your LFS know if you would like the Wireless LAN or the Hard wire LAN module.
Regards
Proline
Old 12-19-2006, 05:08 AM

niloc16 is on a distinguished road

the wireless lan module, does it allow the controller to wirelessly connect to my computer for updates and what not?

my tank setup
Old 12-19-2006, 06:25 AM

Yes colin, it will however you will need a wireless router present ,for it to connect to.
If you have a computer close to the tank I will go for the hard wire one ,It simply costs less (alomost half as much ) & does the same thing.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:06 AM

niloc16 is on a distinguished road

cool, i dont have one that close so wireless is the way i'm going to go i think.

my tank setup
Old 12-19-2006, 11:38 AM

Dave C is on a distinguished road

I've got a few questions about this unit. Can it operate devices on the basis of multiple criteria? For instance, water level is down & pH is lower then preset amount... use kalk for topoff... water level is down & pH is higher then preset amount... use straight RO for topoff. For Lan connectivity, how does it appear on the net? Does it use its own IP address or piggyback off of the LAN IP? Does it connect to a router or a computer to get on the net? Are there plans for a calcium probe in the near future? Or a nitrate probe? Is it Tunze approved? In other words, are you affecting your Tunze warranty by using this unit to control your Tunze products? Does Tunze specifically state anywhere that it approves of this controller controlling their powerheads?
225g reef 3x250w MH 8x39w T5 Sfiligoi/ACLS, Deltec AP851, Deltec PF601S, Deltec KM500, Ozotech Poseidon, Aquatronica, Tunze TS48, Tunze Nanostream 6025s, Aqua UV 114w, MTC Ozone reactor, Cole Parmer peristaltic pump

67g reef, Euro-Reef RS135, 60g refugium, Mag 9 return, Tunze Nanostream 6025s, 4x39w T5
Old 12-19-2006, 08:23 PM

Good stuff colin ,it is great that we have the wireless option.
Hi Dave
Yes to the first question it is capable of doing that ,on the side not we also have optical level sensors for Profilux aswell
Second question ,we just got the LAN modules in yesterday ,I will give you more info on that soon.
As far as calcium probe ,GHL has been playing with the Idea ,the peoblem is only one thing ,unlike other manufactureres their number 1 concern is the quality of each piece of equipment,the price of CA probes that they were comfortable to use & passed the test of time ,quality & did not have to be refiled & recalibrated & was good for continious use was too high for the hobby ,so they are looking for other sources & they will not lower their standards to rebrand a cheap quality probe line like many other companies have done,the programing is already done & rather the easy part.
There are other features & modules in the work I will let you know as soon as we have more info.
As far as if it is approved by Tunze to use them with the pump ,I have to ask the manufacturer & I am not sure .
I know one thing for a fact most german users use Tunze with profilux & I frequent many german forums myself & not one person has reported any problems with this feature .
Keep in mind we are not dimmimg the pump from the 110v powersource ,there is a 12v connection from profilux that connects to the pump driver ,not the power plug ,so this feature does not even take a socket away from you.
Regards