Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 02-24-2009, 11:32 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

So... are you still laying on the floor, or are you up on the ceiling... When you call they will give you the "jedi mind trick" and confuse you into thinking the bill is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeeg View Post
my Enmax bill in December was $615 and the kicker is that the house was empty for 3 weeks and the temps turned down....
Old 02-25-2009, 03:44 PM

phreezee is on a distinguished road

Little known fact, you can borrow Kill-a-watt's from your public library!
Old 02-25-2009, 03:46 PM

Jay180reef is on a distinguished road

Really! I'll have to 'check' that out
Old 02-25-2009, 03:54 PM

BC564 is on a distinguished road

My last utilities bill was over $500 ....2100 square foot home......Power was $210...which is pretty normal........but my gas bill was $296....which is about double what it usually is....Now this covered from Dec 24th to Jan 24th...and I recall it being damn cold then.....and I know the little half likes to have the GAS fireplace on......but I was still shocked when I opened the bill......
Old 02-25-2009, 04:00 PM

levi1803 is on a distinguished road

My place is 2800 sq feet on four floors, two furnaces and two water heaters. I'm pretty much screwed no matter what I do
Old 02-25-2009, 04:16 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

Yup I have two furnaces and two hot water tanks as well. I never have the furnace on in my place to my hubby's dismay. I put on a sweater and slippers if it's cold in the house. One furnace runs the main floor and one the upstairs. If we are not on one of the floors the furnace is off. Sometimes I will be in bed and hear the furnace kick on downstairs and I won't sleep unless I go shut it off...

The fish tank must run at all times, but I am already looking at how long the lights run for and how long they should run for. I like the halides on all day but that won't be happening anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by levi1803 View Post
My place is 2800 sq feet on four floors, two furnaces and two water heaters. I'm pretty much screwed no matter what I do
Old 02-25-2009, 04:18 PM

es355lucille is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to es355lucille
Smile

Does anyone know if Epcor has a plan the same as Enmax? Right now I am paying ~11.65 cents per kWh with Epcor. I will have to check out Enmax as well..... thats a good savings! Thanks 24storm! Brad & Sharon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24storm View Post
I am going to get one of these ones tonight so i can do some checking on my stuff. Also Enmax has a program called easymax that lets you lock in your rate a 8 cents per killowatt for 5 years if i had done this before Jan i would have saved almost 100.00 on my Jan bill.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/pr...08474396672790
Old 02-25-2009, 04:41 PM

yeeg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by i have crabs View Post
gas is a lot cheaper than electricity, leave the heat up so you dont spend the money on heating up your tank
I'll have to look into it...my electrical is 7 cents per kwh...the temps in my tank wont vary much as the volume of water is significant...

650G Mixed, 5 - Lumenarc 250w 10K, 4 - Tunze Turbelle 6101 w/7095, BK 250 External

650# - Tonga LR, 49 sps, 9 lps, 4 softies, 10 mush/zoas, 1 clam

Blonde Naso, Sohal, 2 Yellow Tangs, Juv Emperor, CBB, Achilles, Kole, Solar Fairy Wrasse, paired pencil Wrasse, Cleaner Wrasse, Blue lined rabbit Fish, 8 clowns, lawnmower blenny, mandarin dragonet, sand sifting goby, abalone, tux urchin, black spiny urchin, 4 cleaner shrimp, 1 fire shrimp, 150+ snails/crabs/conches
Old 02-25-2009, 04:51 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

tell me about it, last months bill was $700
Old 02-25-2009, 04:52 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2rotties View Post
Yup I have two furnaces and two hot water tanks as well. I never have the furnace on in my place to my hubby's dismay. I put on a sweater and slippers if it's cold in the house. One furnace runs the main floor and one the upstairs. If we are not on one of the floors the furnace is off. Sometimes I will be in bed and hear the furnace kick on downstairs and I won't sleep unless I go shut it off...

The fish tank must run at all times, but I am already looking at how long the lights run for and how long they should run for. I like the halides on all day but that won't be happening anymore.
You would actually get much better coral growth by NOT having the halides run all day. There seems to still be a big debate about how long is best but it has been determined that its certainly NOT 8-12 hours a day like many people do but much less. I think one of the last few TOTM on RC was running his 5 hours a day. I am at 6 hours a day now.