Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 02-24-2009, 09:07 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Yup, I hear you. My utilities are in that ballpark too, but I have 4 reef tanks and a freshwater tank. I'm cutting back though, I'm hoping there will be a slight reduction, but it's as you say, the electrical portion is really just a small component. All the other fees are a complete joke. I like how they are individual line items as if they are optional. "Oh I don't want that, so I'll opt out of the trans access defer rider for this month."
Old 02-24-2009, 09:10 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

In my thread someone mentioned that that my rate could be estimated. Well that was the case fr January and I am paying what I used in reality total for two months. The estimate was much lower I guess then usual. The gas and power people come give my pups cookies when they come and when I think abut it, I did not see them in January.

My distribution charge is $40.70 and transmission charge $31.13 for that billing month. Geez I thought Enmax was criminal when I lived in Calgary. I'm going to call and whine to Epcor anyways, it won't hurt...
Old 02-24-2009, 09:13 PM

my2rotties is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my2rotties Send a message via Yahoo to my2rotties

Can I borrow it

Someone mentioned the one at Costco is really god so maybe I'll grab one when I go back in a week or two. I am thinking my crappy Blue line is a power sucker. Time to get rid of it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24storm View Post
I am going to get one of these ones tonight so i can do some checking on my stuff. Also Enmax has a program called easymax that lets you lock in your rate a 8 cents per killowatt for 5 years if i had done this before Jan i would have saved almost 100.00 on my Jan bill.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/pr...08474396672790
Old 02-24-2009, 09:17 PM

yeeg is on a distinguished road
Default Trade you bills...

my Enmax bill in December was $615 and the kicker is that the house was empty for 3 weeks and the temps turned down....

650G Mixed, 5 - Lumenarc 250w 10K, 4 - Tunze Turbelle 6101 w/7095, BK 250 External

650# - Tonga LR, 49 sps, 9 lps, 4 softies, 10 mush/zoas, 1 clam

Blonde Naso, Sohal, 2 Yellow Tangs, Juv Emperor, CBB, Achilles, Kole, Solar Fairy Wrasse, paired pencil Wrasse, Cleaner Wrasse, Blue lined rabbit Fish, 8 clowns, lawnmower blenny, mandarin dragonet, sand sifting goby, abalone, tux urchin, black spiny urchin, 4 cleaner shrimp, 1 fire shrimp, 150+ snails/crabs/conches
Old 02-24-2009, 09:22 PM

i have crabs is on a distinguished road

i used 1558kwh in january i switched to enmax this morning for the 8cents and it should save me $30-40 per month
fyi computers use alot of power also so start turning them off when your not using them for a while if possible
also pluging in your car overnight costs about 50cents so get a timer if you plug it in often
Old 02-24-2009, 09:23 PM

i have crabs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeeg View Post
my Enmax bill in December was $615 and the kicker is that the house was empty for 3 weeks and the temps turned down....
gas is a lot cheaper than electricity, leave the heat up so you dont spend the money on heating up your tank
Old 02-24-2009, 09:52 PM

Jay180reef is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by i have crabs View Post
i used 1558kwh in january i switched to enmax this morning for the 8cents and it should save me $30-40 per month
fyi computers use alot of power also so start turning them off when your not using them for a while if possible
also pluging in your car overnight costs about 50cents so get a timer if you plug it in often
That's a good point, I remember when I built my computer I put in a 500W ultra quiet power source...definitely need to do some investigating with the Kill A Watt.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Yup, I hear you. My utilities are in that ballpark too, but I have 4 reef tanks and a freshwater tank. I'm cutting back though, I'm hoping there will be a slight reduction, but it's as you say, the electrical portion is really just a small component. All the other fees are a complete joke. I like how they are individual line items as if they are optional. "Oh I don't want that, so I'll opt out of the trans access defer rider for this month."
SO frustrating, on the whole utilities bill I counted 18 random charges.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:00 PM

The funniest part of it all is my water bill was only $11 (without random fees)
Old 02-24-2009, 10:38 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeeg View Post
That's almost a $1/gallon...

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988