Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 12-19-2007, 07:09 PM

BC564 is on a distinguished road

directions.......hmmmmm......I think I tossed them aside...lol....
Old 12-20-2007, 03:43 AM

Palster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital-audiophile View Post
Ah, perhaps I will try raising my sump water level. In the directions is says 5-6" inches if I recall, perhpas I will try a little higher.
The directions say 6-8 inches. When I put my RS-180 in the sump I built a stand out of eggcrate so that the skimmer did not sit in more than 8 inches of water as the depth of my sump is 12 inches. The link to the Euroreef manual can be found here:
http://www.euro-reef.com/ER%20Manual...06-19-2007.pdf
Old 12-20-2007, 05:48 AM

jasond is on a distinguished road

Tony, in regards to what you said, on my new'ish skimmer (RS100), I cant seem to skim very wet. I have the airlive valve off, foam level pipe as high as it will go, and sump level at about 7in. Any thoughts? Could it still be "breaking in"? Skimmate is very dark, and not all makes it up into the cup.

Sorry, not to highjack but I figured this kind of fits in with the thread!

Jason
Old 12-20-2007, 06:03 AM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Might just be a breaking-in issue? What size is the output pipe, if it's something like 1" maybe you can replace it with a slightly longer pipe .. or maybe think about pulling it and replacing with the gate valve .. It's a pretty easy mod (usually) and gives you more control over the water level. The hard part is finding the gate valve!
Old 12-20-2007, 06:22 AM

Thanks for the reply...ya I figure it might be breaking in still, not sure. I sent a quick email to ER so I will see what they say. I will probably do the gate valve mod down the road, seems like everyone that does it is happy.

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2007, 12:54 PM

digital-audiophile is on a distinguished road

I'm thinking I will go with the gate valve mod too. I'm thinking I need to find a good online source for PVC gate valves, buy in bulk and sell on canreef for a profit because you cannot find them here.

90G : Light - Tek 6xT5 | Skim - EuroReef RS135 | Flow - 2xVortech MP40W | Control - Reef Keeper 2
Old 04-17-2008, 06:07 PM

Bit of an old thread, just wondering if you did the gatevalve mod Greg? Did it help? I seem to get noise from the airline sucking air. The tube is clean, and I have the valve off, but its still somewhat noisy. Any thoughts?
Old 04-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

You could make the airline longer. I remember doing that on an old CPR bakpak skimmer I had and it worked like a charm. I had my euroreef hooked up to an ozonator so it has a super long line on it. I just realized that I hadn't removed it (not using ozone anymore) but no sucking sound (like I could hear it over the other various noises my tank makes anyways )

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:18 PM

Huh, good suggestion, I will try that thanks!
Old 04-17-2008, 07:38 PM

digital-audiophile is on a distinguished road

I have yet to try the gate valve modification, it's still on my list of things to do (that list keeps getting longer )

90G : Light - Tek 6xT5 | Skim - EuroReef RS135 | Flow - 2xVortech MP40W | Control - Reef Keeper 2