Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > FOWLR

Old 03-11-2007, 05:03 AM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road
Default 125 g fowlr

Ed I saw your post and just started a 90 g fowlr with 33g sump instead of mech filters or can filters I used lr in the middle compartment of my sump later on I might turn it into a fuge with some macro I'm growing out in my reef's sump. My fowler has been running for about 3 weeks and I'm slowly adding fish they're all getting along fine my lighting is 2 coralife t5 and one 65w 50000k t5 for the bluey loue look love that light so far I have about 150 lbs of rock some more cured than others I used reef waterchanges for the tank so that hopefully the cycling will be faster loving the way it looks, I'm also thinking of adding a uv sterilizer supposedly essential for a fowler. My components are a new euroreef rs135 return is quietone 3000 and flow is return split in two and a seio 1500 more than enough to move everything in the tank. Also I have about two bags of sugar sand (aragonite) if you ask me I like sumps that way you can use a larger skimmer keep more rock and your other equipment underneath salt creep is an issue but what I did was buy myselg some of that sign plastic took a measurement of the sump and piping and covered it all up so there's probally only quater of a square foot uncovered. If you are planning on putting sand go with the medium stuff I made the mistake of going with the sugarsand lots of washing and 3 days of cloudiness brutal atleast there were no fish in the tank now that the sediment has relaxed it's groovy. I've seen a couple of 120 set up's and the cleanest has got to be the one with the uv sterilizer it makes the water crystal clear and the guy doesnt use ro water bluddy stunning he had about 15 different angels and 6 other fish in there pretty amazing. Oh if you go with a sump go with a 50 long and p/u some lr you can never have enough...
here are pics of my fowler. Cheers Chris

Old 03-11-2007, 06:48 PM

eddtango is on a distinguished road

nice job Tang Daddy! Did you install the baffles in the sump yourself? Where did you get your tank drilled?
Old 03-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddtango View Post
nice job Tang Daddy! Did you install the baffles in the sump yourself? Where did you get your tank drilled?
Hi Ed yes I got the baffles cut at a glass shop pretty expensive for the glass about 45 bucks my tank was purchased at BA and got them to drill it and throw in a bulkhead with the tank all for 300 bucks, now I know I could've easily gone with a bigger tank but the garage is directly under so there are no supports wouldn't want the whole floor sagging or even fall on my wife (my car) gets even better treatment than my GF heheh lol