Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 09-21-2015, 06:23 PM

5gluder is on a distinguished road

Picked up some nice Pukani from Eli, decided to go with this design.

A large portion of this project was trying to figure out where to place the RODI and mixing tanks. So I built this ridiculous stand to hold 4 containers. Top will be a roughneck 14 gallon for RODI and a 10 gallon QT tank. Middle with be the SW mixing container and the bottom is solely to reduce waste water. Basically the discharge line from the RODI goes into this container and will be plumbed to the washer and outside line. A little giant pump that I had laying around will pump the water out. The black containers I purchased from Reno depot. I had done some testing with leaching and didn’t find any phosphates.

Added the Spectra pure 90 and a drinking water tank. I read some people had the RODI pipes/connectors fail, i had a floodstop sensor that i bought for the fridge. This sensor allows you to have multiple sensors so i installed one under the fridge and one under the RODI.

I bought a high head pump to pump the water up two floors to the sump. My initial goal was to have 2 pumps one for salt and one for RODI. I may still do this but for now i will stick with the one pump.

This is pretty much the final product.

Figured out all the place of the equipment in the sump

I had some led strips laying around so I decided to just stick those on, I’m waiting for a magnetic switch to come in, so the lights will turn on automatically when the door opens.

Last edited by 5gluder; 09-21-2015 at 06:33 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:03 PM

5gluder is on a distinguished road

So turns out i bought the wrong type of pump, i found the high head pump i bought started to rust so out it goes. I ended up ordering a Shurflo pump, hoping that will work.