Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 09-17-2011, 03:25 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
Hi everyone, new to site, just checking things out. New to hobby, have a 55gl reef tank up and running since April this year. Have had some newbie problems but tank is running well now! Was at red corals frag swap and grand opening, good turn out but too shy to chat with anyone. We only picked up some live rock and a couple of pumps that day. Look forward to chatting with anyone willing to answer my newb questions...lol. Cheers!
Keep an eye out in the buy/sell section for something you want in Calgary. Then give yourself a couple of hours to buy the item because I have found that canreefers love to talk about their tanks! It's a great way to meet fellow reefers and get lots of one on one info about things that have and have not worked for people in their own tanks. My wife won't come along with me anymore to buy stuff because she gets bored and yells at me all the way home for taking so long.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:45 AM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

I've been exploring the forum and have checked a few buy sell things! Frags intimidate me to be honest! Not sure how to attach and I still need more rock in my tank, have learned more rock means reaquascaping, attached means......?? Will figure it out. No pics tonight, sorry, tired, tomorrow.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:10 PM

ive posted a couple of pics on my profile of my tank. I think I've managed to add a couple here in this message as well. One more try, then too frustrated to keep at it today....

Last edited by Coralgurl; 10-18-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:13 PM

ahhh, it worked!! Just some of my corals and overall tank. Dry rock has turned flourescent yellow with green algae showing up. Anyone else have this? Tried to get my new buddy as well, but system says I've exceeded my limit....starry blenny - hes awesome!! Tank info posted in earlier post.

Cheers

Last edited by Coralgurl; 10-18-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:10 PM

Wayne is on a distinguished road

Yeah a little algea on your new rock is normal to start with. I always found my shiny new rock would start green like that then as long as your levels are right purple will take over no problem
Old 09-22-2011, 02:54 AM

FaRico is on a distinguished road

Nice pics. Welcome to the hobby and canreef. As a noob myself I find this site full of knowledge. It's also nice to see more female reefers.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:23 AM

cwatkins is on a distinguished road

Nice looking start to the tank!

Keep an eye on that coraline on the back glass otherwise you'll need to pickup an easy blade
Old 09-22-2011, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRico View Post
Nice pics. Welcome to the hobby and canreef. As a noob myself I find this site full of knowledge. It's also nice to see more female reefers.
Thanks for the welcome! We converted our fw to sw, I had no real interest in the tank before, had a huge Oscar that didn't like me so I had fun tormenting him...jk. When he died last year we just had a huge plecko left so didn't do much. We set up the sw, once I added the corals I was hooked and have taken over! I love it but wow, has it tormented me already!! Everyone here has been great!
Old 09-22-2011, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwatkins View Post
Nice looking start to the tank!

Keep an eye on that coraline on the back glass otherwise you'll need to pickup an easy blade
Thanks! I just rescaped the tank after trying to get a fish out, looks better, pics to come. I thought the coraline on the glass was ok, keep it off the front of the tank..
Old 09-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Banned

Leah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
Thanks! I just rescaped the tank after trying to get a fish out, looks better, pics to come. I thought the coraline on the glass was ok, keep it off the front of the tank..
If you don't mind it then no problem. Some do not like it and clean it off. Totally up to you.