Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 02-10-2007, 03:37 PM

Matthias Gross is on a distinguished road

And here some general information:

1. As you know firmware and ProfiLuxControl 3.00 beta are available for download now. Additionaly the new manual can be downloaded. At the moment only a preliminary version - not all translations are ready. You will recognize the red font -and maybe the german text:-(
BTW: Anyone able to translate it?

2. Although the firmware is extended with a lot of features it was not possible to implement all wished features in this version. But: The next version is coming soon (i did not forget the "dosing wishes"). Please wait some more days - it was important to get this version ready now to make ProfiLux compatible for the new powerbars.

3. Digital powerbars are developed, tested and in full production. We will ship them very soon.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:35 PM

bullit67 is on a distinguished road

BOURBON

I will warn you about putting it in your home theater I am HT nut my self I dont have a dedicated HT room and my tank in at the opposit side of the house from my HT gear I was whatching a Movie one day while I was waiting for my water change water to warm up I went to check on my water and noticed all my fish were stressed out my Red sea sail fin was very dark (His colour goes dark when he is stressed) I could nt figure out why untill the sub fired hard and all the fish freaked. I was shocked to see this as I had never looked at the tank when my HT system was running. also dont forget about the humidity and the noise a large salt system makes.

Dont get me wrong it would be cool I am not shooting down your idea just would hate to hear you went through alot of work and expense and then start running in to problems.

Doug
Old 02-10-2007, 04:37 PM

bourbon is on a distinguished road

thanks so much i'll keep this in mind. g
Old 02-10-2007, 04:38 PM

bullit67 is on a distinguished road

Matthias

Is it safe to touch the clear membrane of the probes with a soft brush?

Thanks Doug
Old 02-10-2007, 05:57 PM

niloc16 is on a distinguished road

[quote=bourbon;235116]ok niloc16 so you mention that you are waiting for a y connector to connect the fans to the L1 port - so does this mean that you have all of your L ports used up? because they ports are labelled L1/L2 I'm assuming that you can connect 2 devices per port but need a y connector. Is this right.

1. you can have a 'y' adapter on each 'L' port (sorry i dont know the exact name of these ports) making a total of four. currently i have each tunze connected to a seperate port. when i get the adapter i will have tunze1 connected to L1 and the fan controller connecte to L2 and tunze2 connected to L3

I also remember reading that if you connect 2 tunzes to L1/L2 that you can't operate them independently - you have to use L1/L3 which takes up 2 ports. I'm concerned about the amount of L ports I will need. So by similar logic I'm assuming that if you have more than 1 LED you will have the same problem - i.e. use L1/L2 but not control them independently or use L1/L3.

2. you dont have to have both tunzes connected to L1/L2. read my last answer

my tank setup
Old 02-10-2007, 06:00 PM

niloc16 is on a distinguished road

[quote=bourbon;235117]ok guys so I'm full of it today (questions that is).

So I've programmed home automation systems before and wondering if the programming is the same on the profilux
i.e. if water level sensor #1 is on (i.e. triggered) then turn on outlet #4 for 30 seconds (and outlet #4 would have top off pump on it).

is this like what you would do ??

1. the controller is exactly like that. you can have the unit perform automatic water changes without you even being home by using float switchs, pumps and what not.

2) i do not believe you can alter the programming of the buttons on the display unit to control different things, although the keypad on the display head does mostly all you would need, feeding pause, sensor outputs, lighting demo, and so forth

my tank setup
Old 02-10-2007, 10:22 PM

MNSPS is on a distinguished road

When can we expect to get the digital powerbars in the U.S.? I currently have a Profilux Controller without any powerbars. Just waiting for the digital ones.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:40 PM

bourbon is on a distinguished road
Default question for Matthias

Hello Matthias; quick question about the simulator LED
-I will be getting a new ~60 gallon, 36" x 18" x 20" tank
- If I use the simulator LED for morning and night time (red and blue) lighting before my power compacts and HQI come on- (and for lightning effect) - how many will I need for this size tank? should I go with the strip or the little box type?

what size of propellor fan should I get also for this size tank?

Thanks
Old 02-11-2007, 09:45 PM

support@proline is on a distinguished road

Hay guys
Matthias is on vancation till next sunday ,so if you don't hear back from him right away ,you can always try to locate him @ one of the spanish beaches in Europe
I am sure he will answer all questions as soon as he is back
Regards
Jason
Old 02-12-2007, 07:00 PM

Jaws is on a distinguished road

Any luck with getting Ecotech Vortechs to work with this product yet?