Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 01-11-2012, 06:06 AM

Sumfingwong is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc4 View Post
Same thing happens when you use flatworm exit, the skimmer goes nuts unless you do a large water change and run carbon. If you have access to carbon, I would run as much as you can in a reactor or if you don't have a reactor, find a filter stock and put it near some flow. Hope everything works out...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Thanks dc4, I turned on my phosban 550 filled with carbon and gfo yesterday. I just filled up a brand new mesh filter sock with carbon. I have a brand new BRS carbon as well. but right now there is a lot in the filter sock. Thanks for the suggestion, totally didn't even think about that
Old 01-11-2012, 08:38 AM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

ah sorry to hear man. I wish i catch this thread earlier so i can offer you some bin and ready to go mixed water.

I hate putting medicine in the display tank, if your skimmer still go wild, i think the chemical that is killing your fish still in there. I would let it continue skimming the tank and keep making fresh water and do w/c and run/change carbon
Old 01-11-2012, 12:45 PM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

this is awfull. I to never treat in the display tank, it's too risky as anything can die. I never had such mess using Paraguard and I am treating 3 fish right now in a 20 gallons quarantine tank with liverock with some coral (I could not remove them) that are attached to the liverock and after a week they seem to be holding. One birdnest and some clove polyps. There is one little batch of green star polyp that is closed but look alive otherwise. I would never use it in my display tank though.

I don,t suppose they put the ingredients on the bottle?
Old 01-11-2012, 01:14 PM

lee9 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to lee9

Sorry to hear. I hope you get things figured out.

IMO I don't think it's the Herbtana causing the problems. I have used it full strength in my display tank with no ill effects to the fish or corals. I also use it with the Microbe-Lift Artemiss product when introducing new fish into my display tank as a pre-treatment as per the instructions on the bottle. Maybe check to ensure you dosed the proper amount.

Sorry I can't offer any more assistance. Good luck.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:29 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

I'm in royal oak as well, I can mix some water and it should be ok tonight, but I only have about 7 gallons I could give you as that's all I have for ro water right now. Let me know, i will pm you my number.

Sorry for your losses.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:00 PM

dc4 is on a distinguished road

Forgot to mention that it also helps to keep letting the skimmer cup fill up and empty it a many times as it takes for it to calm down after the water change and carbon. The water in the skim cup will be more condensed with the chemical than just doing water changes. Of course, you may need some premixed saltwater on standby though to to off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2012, 03:35 PM

naesco is on a distinguished road
Default What is Herbana

What are the ingredients listed on the package or bottle of this stuff you put in yourt DT?
Old 01-11-2012, 04:33 PM

Sumfingwong is on a distinguished road

Hey All,

Thanks for all the help and offers. I worked on the tank till 3am, letting the collection cup fill up and then dumped it. my sump water was starting to get low, I let the brute trash bin mix my water till this morning (pretty much 100% full of water)

I did a WC this morning, and ran the skimmer again, this time it didnt fill up as fast. Did this for about an hour, then came into work. I didnt grab the bottle with me. I did however write an email to the company, they say this stuff has a 2 year shelf life, and my lot number is within range. Then he just went on about how I didnt use the full medication dosage instructions and tried to use a doctor and medication for human metaphor (pretty much saying their product didnt mess it up). I would hate to imagine what would have happened if I used the full medication dosage into my tank. I will post the ingredients tonight, but here is a link to their product.

http://www.microbelift.com/products/...herbtana-reef/

There is a pdf file at the bottom of the page, but it says the ingredients are "proprietary".

Quick update, the kole tang passed sometime during the night. The total is 8 fish so far. The puffers still seem stressed.

Last edited by Sumfingwong; 01-11-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about your losses, just do large waterchanges for now until the tank is stable again. In future may I suggest getting a smaller tank and dosing meds in there instead of the display tank, that way if something goes south you can quickly replace the water rather than larger system.

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips
Old 01-11-2012, 05:20 PM

RedCoralEdmonton is on a distinguished road

As well I doubt it was the Herbtana, yes your skimmer overflows with it, hence the back of it saying to turn off your skimmer, my best bet is you didn't do that and you had skimmate in your cup... it overflowed back into the tank, thus stressing everything in the tank, as mentioned do a good size water change to try and get everything settled again....

Ive used this product for a long time and have never had a single problem with it, I recommend it to alot of people and never had they had ill effects....

Good luck from here on!

Steve