Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 10-27-2010, 06:59 PM

therealshark is on a distinguished road

mine was a bit bigger when i got him (from golds also). but once he was on pellets he was fine. used to chase my blue tang around really bad, if the blue tang would try to hide the sohal would grab him by the tail and pull him back out. at that time i was wanting to get him out of there. then all of a sudden he quit the chasing and turned into a model citizen (still the boss of the tank) but well behaved anyways. would even eat flakes out of my hand in the end.
i had to let him go anyways tho cause of a tank downgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by globaldesigns View Post
Yup, mine was about 3 inches from tip to tail, so very small. Now he is about 8 inches or so.

He was a bugger when smaller, he chased and nipped fins. My foxface didn't look that great as his fins got pretty nipped up. But over time it got better.

I got him from golds, and he was eating pellets, but when I got him home, he didn't. Could only get him to eat Nori. Over time I decided to not feed nori at all, basically starve him into eating the pellets. Well that did work, and I found feeding him the pellets, must of satisfied him, cause his aggression subsided.

Now, he is quite peaceful. Larger in size and still eating mostly varied types of pellets with some Nori. He does do the odd chase, but does not damage any fish or coral. So I would say he is a success!!
Old 10-27-2010, 07:27 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealshark View Post
mine was a bit bigger when i got him (from golds also). but once he was on pellets he was fine. used to chase my blue tang around really bad, if the blue tang would try to hide the sohal would grab him by the tail and pull him back out. at that time i was wanting to get him out of there. then all of a sudden he quit the chasing and turned into a model citizen (still the boss of the tank) but well behaved anyways. would even eat flakes out of my hand in the end.
i had to let him go anyways tho cause of a tank downgrade.
Too bad you had to get rid of him. I also can feed mine by hand, actually most of my fish actually take the food right from my fingers. It's funny, the foxface actually clamps onto my fingertips and starts pulling me. It's cool feeding them this way.

Also yesterday, I had a coral come loose, so I had my arm in there to reglue it down with puddy. Well my Sohal took a good nip at me, caught me by surprise. He is the king also, and I guess he even lets me know once in awhile.

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk
Old 10-28-2010, 02:29 AM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

well gonna try the small one at gold. I hope I get lucky this time.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:32 AM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

Is there even such thing as a peaceful sohal tang??? all those that I have seen were real terror. The last one I saw attacked me for no reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleus View Post
My last one did not go so well so .... maybe someone shutting down their tank and sell me a peaceful one.

I saw a couple small ones at gold, not sure if i should buy them when they small or go for bigger one.

What is the best approach?