Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 12-02-2008, 06:10 PM

Boomboy is on a distinguished road

well i went to see how the tank was doing, and they havent even started it yet, they "plan" on starting this weekend. so who knows probably wont get it till after christmas at this rate. i wish they would have said that to me in the first place, instead of saying 2 weeks, says a month and a half, im fine with that. but to make me think it will be done sooner, i hate that. oh well gives me more time to plan and sit around.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:01 PM

a little update- the tank isnt even begun to being built, im pretty frusterated with them, i ordered this tank a 1 1/2 months ago, and they said that there isnt even a finish date on this thing, and that they will get to building it maybe by the end of this week. im really thinking about taking my 400 bucks back and going with someone else or just something else.

other than that, i just painted the inside of the tank white, and going to silicone it after to seal the bottom area in case of leaks. ive decided with a 25G fuge out front and a 20G in the back with the drain from the tank being t'd of into the fuge then flowing into the return section on the back part. i can still get to the skimmer and return pump from the sides.

im not going to bother posting pics as, its just the stand except with white now.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:39 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

hey don't get upset man, its only time wait til you have the tank over flow on your floors and your misses finds out first hand, or the RO unit blows up. its sometimes slow, reefing has to be slow. it will come man. other then that lets see your progress the painted stand.. that is progress IMO
Old 12-16-2008, 10:55 PM

haha yeah, maybe i will show you a picture once i get the skin on it, think im just going to paint it black to hide all my mistakes. and im going to get going on making the sump, i show some pictures on that once i get them. anyone got any 20G and a 25G (same footprint as the 20 just taller) lying around that i can buy in edmonton.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:56 PM

wait the RO unit can BLOW UP!!!! not sure if i should get one, ive heard stories of it being left on but BLOWING UP holy cow. what kind of pressure are in those things
Old 12-18-2008, 01:29 AM

well in waiting for the 80 i built a 10G AIO, for i dont know some kind of frag station and to put smaller corals and such, but here it is. there is more to do to it, maybe once im finished with everything i will show pics of it all.

p.s. i havent spend anything on this, it was stuff i already had.

and here are the teeth i did by hand with a saw

Old 12-20-2008, 02:05 AM

i got most of my plumbing, all i need is 2 more unions for my gate valve and my gate valve, but i need to order the gate valve still, kinda waiting on the boxing day sales.

its not nearly as much as other people, but i can really add up fast.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:20 AM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

looking great man, I will be up in Edmonton for a Army Hockey tournment, like to stop by and see how your doing with the tank....

Last edited by Skimmerking; 12-23-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:27 AM

theres nothing really going on with it, i still dont have it, and im waiting on being able to get wood to my house, because all i have is a car. its hard to get an 8ft 2x4 in there. ive kinda neglected my 20, so im putting on my corals into the 10G, so that it smaller water changes. and have the 20 as a FOWLR. things are moving at a snail paces, i wish i had the tank, because i have only 1 more week off of work, and we all know that is the best time to get stuff done.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:29 AM

here are some pictures of my 10G AIO. for where all my smaller corals are going, which i have very few of.

still working on the canopy. putting light i already have from my 20 into them. EDIT- oh yeah and i am in the process of painting that eggcrate black. its drying as we speak.