Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > Lower Mainland

Old 04-06-2003, 12:13 AM

zulu_principle is on a distinguished road

Don't all the fish stores and wholesalers use some type Cu product ?

Come on Troy, tell us what you think.....

Wendell
Old 04-06-2003, 12:32 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

I think they do...
Old 04-06-2003, 01:27 AM

BCOrchidGuy is on a distinguished road

Troy, I never said J&L isn't a great store.... I don't know why you think that I did say that but I didn't. I still shop there. BUT it isn't the only fish store in the Burnaby area. There is also perky's pets in new west, I bought a nice Frontosa Mpimbwe there. I also bought some nice daffodil brichardi there. I've never bought marine fish from them so I can't comment on their fish or inverts but I did have good luck with the freshwater stuff.

As far as copper goes, Cu is useless to almost everything except inverts at a less than medicinal dosage from my understanding. Why these places use copper in their system is beyond me, from what I understand they may as well be using antibiotics for a short period of time. I think it does nothing good for the fish, and in the long run it MAY (notice I didn't does) contribute to harder to treat parasites/protazoa's and other nasties.

Thats just my opinion, if you don't like my opinion why not ban me from posting, if not why not give it a rest.
Old 04-06-2003, 03:32 AM

Steve, the algonquin was still on the East coast when I got out of the Navy, so we never had any of that rebelious east coast influence...

Once though on Armed forces day, we had all our families on the ship and we went out for a cruise. Some yahoo's wife brought one of those pocket dogs on the ship and when we went to do a drill the dog got scared from the alarm, jumped out of her coat, hit the deck.. then a few seconds later went splash... We actually did a man overboard to get the dog... The XO went over the mic, Dog overboard Dog overboard port side, ships diver and boat crews to stations... lol

I was on the Yukon and before that the Columbia, both of which are now artificial reefs. I've been able to dive on both while teaching advanced deep diving courses and I did a penetration while on a technical course through International Nitrox and Technical Divers, it was very strange moving down burma flats...
Old 04-06-2003, 03:48 AM

Bob I is on a distinguished road

Rookies, I was on the New Glasgow. She was probably turned into Japanese razor blades before your ships were built.

---------Homer Simpson--------
Old 04-06-2003, 04:15 AM

New Glasgow?? was that when Alberta had a Navy? lol.. seriously, I don't beleive I've heard of her, mind you I'm only 41.
Old 04-06-2003, 04:25 AM

Bob I is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCOrchidGuy
New Glasgow?? was that when Alberta had a Navy? lol.. seriously, I don't beleive I've heard of her, mind you I'm only 41.
How about the other Frigates in out squadron,? Beacon Hill, Stettler, Ste Therese, Jonquierre, Antigonish, and one more I have forgotten?

---------Homer Simpson--------
Old 04-06-2003, 05:02 AM

Holy smokes, Don't ask me.... I have trouble remembering the ships in my squadron
Old 04-06-2003, 05:21 AM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
When I say I've never had a fish die I bought from King Ed thats not entirely true, eventually they die after a couple years depending on the fish...

I think they should live a minimum of 12 -14 (could be 50 for a tang) based on my mentors, however I am rethinking that and expecting longer now, since my oldest are the four years old that they have lived here (tangs mostly)....
Old 04-06-2003, 05:37 AM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

And, I guess as a footnote here, what I really want to say, is......take a really good look at the way you care for your fish, before blaming a LFS for their demise.