Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 02-13-2007, 05:27 PM

JasonJ is on a distinguished road

hey guys
my nanostream 6025 just started making a really loud noise. it was quiet before. ive only been using it for maybe 3 weeks now. i checked the impeller seems fine. any ideas?
Old 02-13-2007, 05:29 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

broken shaft?
Old 02-13-2007, 06:37 PM

Buddyboy is on a distinguished road

Jason,

Lots of people have been having trouble with this initial run of nanostreams. My 6025 has been fine, but many people have been having problems.

Confirm that the impeller shaft is straight and not moving around (ie you can't pull it out). If not, go over to www.reefcentral.com and go to the Tunze forum. Ask the same question of Roger over there. He's a very helpful guy!

If that doesn't work, you might need to return the pump and get a new one. I think the Canadian distributor is Proline Aquatics.

And most importantly, good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:03 PM

Okguy is on a distinguished road

Mine's also been fine but you might want to read this post.

http://www.aquariumpros.ca/forums/sh...ght=nanostream

Sounds like you will have very little problem getting it replaced

50g tank 23g DIY Acrylic Sump\Refugium

Sold Dec 2009

Vacation Fun: http://members.shaw.ca/cabin54/
Old 02-13-2007, 08:25 PM

JasonJ is on a distinguished road

turns out the metal shaft rusted and broke off.
so JL gave me a new one. they said only the first batch of these guys has that problem.
Mike from JL said that the metal shaft shouldnt be comin off. when he pulled it ..it just came right off all rusted.

all is well.
thanks.

Last edited by JasonJ; 02-13-2007 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:01 PM

Dave C is on a distinguished road

I've got two 6025s and like them a lot. But one does suffer from the same problem that some Seios have... it doesn't always turn on after being shut off. It can take a half dozen resets before it will run.
225g reef 3x250w MH 8x39w T5 Sfiligoi/ACLS, Deltec AP851, Deltec PF601S, Deltec KM500, Ozotech Poseidon, Aquatronica, Tunze TS48, Tunze Nanostream 6025s, Aqua UV 114w, MTC Ozone reactor, Cole Parmer peristaltic pump

67g reef, Euro-Reef RS135, 60g refugium, Mag 9 return, Tunze Nanostream 6025s, 4x39w T5
Old 02-14-2007, 05:23 AM

Rippin is on a distinguished road

Well, just installed two 6025 nanostreams in the 50g aquarium.

This was the setup BEFORE the Tunze powerheads:
Seio 1500
Fluval 303 (for carbon and surface aggitation)
Deltec MCE 600, which actually has a decent amount of flow for a HOB skimmer.

The two 6025 replaces the Seio and the Fluval 303 canister.

The flow is now slightly greater and definitely more diverse.
It's actually quite amazing - if you place your hand in front of the Nanostreams it doesn't feel as strong as the Seio 1500, but it does just as good a job for flow.

Installation was quite easy, although you have to take some precaution as the plastics are thinner than standard powerheads. Definitely take seriously the warning of placing the two magnets close to each other. If they are within a few inches of each other they will snap together and you'll have a h&ll of a time trying to get them apart. Don't use this product if you have a pacemaker
With 3/8 of an inch of glass between them, it's no problem.

Start-up was almost immediate. If you hear some clanking on start-up, disconnect the power and try connecting again. It shouldn't take more than a couple of tries to get it running in the correct flow direction.

Noise-wise it's a bit louder than the Seio 1500 which is very quiet, even more so for it's size.

IMHO, two 6025 is enough for a 50 gallon aquarium. In conjunction with the Deltec skimmer, total flow and coverage is almost perfect. I have about 65 lbs of live rock.

We will see how this product fairs in the long run.

Cheers.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:32 PM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

I'm frustrated for the second time with my second Tunze Nanostream 6025. The first time, the impeller shaft rusted/broke up, like mentioned above. So, it was replaced by the retailer.

I just turned off the pump to feed the fish, and now it won't restart. I know people are mentioning having to reset it a dozen+ times....grrrr. What does "reset" mean anyway? Unplug-plug...and repeat X12...or until it starts?

I'm just suprised that Tunze has marketed a product which seams to have an increasing number of emerging design flaws. I will say that, when it's operating, it operates well. So I'm not completely un-sold on this item :-)

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz

Old 02-14-2007, 05:35 PM

Dave C is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I turn it off and on until it stays on. You have to give it about 5 seconds before you decide it's not going to fire up. Sometimes it kicks in during that time. It's completely random too, sometimes it works right away, others not.
225g reef 3x250w MH 8x39w T5 Sfiligoi/ACLS, Deltec AP851, Deltec PF601S, Deltec KM500, Ozotech Poseidon, Aquatronica, Tunze TS48, Tunze Nanostream 6025s, Aqua UV 114w, MTC Ozone reactor, Cole Parmer peristaltic pump

67g reef, Euro-Reef RS135, 60g refugium, Mag 9 return, Tunze Nanostream 6025s, 4x39w T5
Old 02-14-2007, 05:42 PM

OCDP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
Yeah, I turn it off and on until it stays on. You have to give it about 5 seconds before you decide it's not going to fire up. Sometimes it kicks in during that time. It's completely random too, sometimes it works right away, others not.
Have the same problem. Mine just takes a few plug-in/un-plug and it will kick on. Mine has been up a few weeks and I haven't noticed any problems otherwise. Weird for a Tunze product to have so many flaws. I mean.. there's quite a few with this product. It's a scary thought when you hear of the "C" clamp notches breaking off... eesh... that could be really nasty .