Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Product Review and Equipment Forum (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Tunze Nano Streams (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29268)

wayner 12-24-2006 03:54 PM

Tunze Nano Streams

Like to hear comments from those who already have them up & running.

tks

Diana 01-09-2007 06:13 PM

We have one, so far so good, moves a good amount of water gently, which is why we got it. Was a bit noisy at first but settled down in a few days. The magnet attachment is a great idea and works good.

Der_Iron_Chef 01-09-2007 07:05 PM

I echo what Diana said. Pushes a remarkable amount of water, gently, for its size. Replaces the need for those PITA suction cup mounts. Mine was never noisy...just settled into a noiseless purr right away :smile:

OCDP 01-13-2007 05:48 PM

I bought the 6025 (smallest nanostream) for my 20g tank. I already have 2 Seio 620's in there, and this just tops the icing on the cake. Perfect amount of flow... The magnets are an awesome idea. The 3D positioning of the nanostream is awesome as well. I now have the perfect amount of flow in my tank.

Worth the $$ IMO .. but can't say how they will compete against a Seio (longterm) . The magnets and *small* size of these powerheads make them that much better than a Seio.

Raf 01-28-2007 05:54 PM

and much faster to set-up! :)

krisalexander 01-28-2007 06:07 PM

I just purchased the 6025 the other day. I have a 65 G and had a bunch of maxi-jets in there this thing not only easy to move but purrs and looks good in your tank(unlike the maxi-jets which are so bulky looking). Worth the 75$ IMO

Kris

Der_Iron_Chef 01-28-2007 09:30 PM

Mine has started to make lots of noise. Like, noticeable from well across the apartment. I think I'm going to pull it out and clean it, but it seems to me that it shouldn't require a cleaning within a month's operation.

OCDP 01-28-2007 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Der_Iron_Chef (Post 232822)
Mine has started to make lots of noise. Like, noticeable from well across the apartment. I think I'm going to pull it out and clean it, but it seems to me that it shouldn't require a cleaning within a month's operation.

Mine has been up for two weeks and mine is definitely not quiet, but I wouldn't say it's noisy either. I'll post back if mine starts to act up like that...

skylord 01-29-2007 12:11 AM

My first one was very noisy so I took it apart and the impeller shaft was sheared off. It was replaced for me and now the two I have make almost no noise at all. Very quiet.

Scott

Der_Iron_Chef 01-29-2007 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skylord (Post 232842)
My first one was very noisy so I took it apart and the impeller shaft was sheared off. It was replaced for me and now the two I have make almost no noise at all. Very quiet.

Scott

Yeah, I took mine apart to clean/inspect it, and the impeller/propeller shaft was also sheared off (the metal rod that holds the propeller on was rusted and had broken off). Weird! But it was also replaced for me where I bought it here in Calgary. Gotta love good customer service.