Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 06-16-2005, 04:40 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic_eva
watch out for the tsunami warnings... they have no way to warn you other then have their volunteer fire dept. run door to door. and their saftey zone is in the elemetry school which is a whole 48m above water lever. what is it now, 2 or 3 earthquakes off of california in the past day? but no effect yet on van island. but if people start running, head for the hills, my friend! unless you wanna live with the fishys.
what are you talking about????

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:36 AM

Johnny Reefer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Johnny Reefer

Tall Ship's Festival in Victoria, June 23-26 if your into that.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:41 AM

medic_eva is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to medic_eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy
Quote:
watch out for the tsunami warnings... they have no way to warn you other then have their volunteer fire dept. run door to door. and their saftey zone is in the elemetry school which is a whole 48m above water lever. what is it now, 2 or 3 earthquakes off of california in the past day? but no effect yet on van island. but if people start running, head for the hills, my friend! unless you wanna live with the fishys.
what are you talking about????

Steve
Magnitude 7.2
Date-Time Wednesday, June 15, 2005 at 02:50:54 (UTC)
= Coordinated Universal Time
Tuesday, June 14, 2005 at 6:50:54 PM
= local time at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Location 41.328°N, 125.868°W
Depth 10 km (6.2 miles) set by location program
Region OFF THE COAST OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

they were worried the this might cause a tsunami effect further up the coast from california (like van island area). they ran around today door to door warning everyone to head for higher ground.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:23 AM

Willow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Willow Send a message via Yahoo to Willow

Quote:

they were worried the this might cause a tsunami effect further up the coast from california (like van island area). they ran around today door to door warning everyone to head for higher ground.
when i lived in Galveston the city would call people on the phone to warn them that a hurricane was coming and they should get ready.

90 Gallon LPS tank - Challice, Acans, Favia, Diplo and Zoos
125 Gallon SPS Coming Soon!
Old 06-16-2005, 03:09 PM

rickjames is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh brother! Now I've heard it all.....

So if there is a tsunami, am I screwed because there is no elementary school near me?
Old 06-16-2005, 06:47 PM

medic_eva is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to medic_eva

climb a flag pole of something lol or a really really really tall tree, rickjames.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickjames
Quote:
Oh brother! Now I've heard it all.....

So if there is a tsunami, am I screwed because there is no elementary school near me?
Hehe, I don't even know if they have a tsunami warning system in Duncan. I think you guys are far enough inland to not have to worry about it anyways (unless it is a movie style tsunami )

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:49 PM

impreza is on a distinguished road

I rented a beautiful house just outside Victoria in the second week of May this year. Just walking around Victoria is a fun way to spend a good part of the day. I also went fishing with a guide and ended up hooking a 45lb halibut! My arms were sore for a good week! lol There is also a lot of crabbing you can do if you're into that.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:42 PM

rickjames is on a distinguished road

Quote:
climb a flag pole of something lol or a really really really tall tree, rickjames.
Too funny...
Old 06-16-2005, 08:57 PM
Carrot Top

It also depends on who you are travelling with. Are there kids? Is it a getaway with a significant other?

In Vancouver, the HR MacMillan Space Centre (http://www.hrmacmillanspacecentre.com/) is a fun place for the kids. I've also heard good things about Storyeum (http://www.storyeum.com/). My kids enjoy going to Centennial Beach which is in South Delta. I also like this particular beach because the water is very shallow (for miles) and there are no waves so I don't have to worry too much. My kids love it because there are jelly fish, snails and other ocean creatures for them to examine.

In Victoria, my kids always want to go the Wax Museum and the Royal BC Museum (http://www.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/).

If you don't have young kids, then I would recommend having dinner up at Grouse Mountain, the restaurant up there has a beautiful view of the city.