Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > Lower Mainland

Old 05-26-2013, 03:45 AM

apexifd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelman76 View Post
Lol
What's so funny??

purple tang, sohal tang, yellow eye kole tang, fairy wrasse. cleaner wrasse, leopard wrasse, and misc fish.

GHL Mitras 6200HV X 2, MP40 X 2, MP60 X 1, tunze 6095 X 2, Vertex RX6 calcium reactor, Bubble King SM250, Aquamaxx bio pellets reactor, Profilux 3
Old 05-26-2013, 03:49 AM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkE View Post
I'll side with Ryan on this one Laurie, this is what an open forum is all about. I would certainly do the same about any vendor that gave me such a bad experience, whether it be a fish store, an eatery, or a car shop.
Sorry guy's misunderstanding here I didn't realize it was management that was serving you. I didn't think Ron worked in the SW part, that being said I understand now why you felt the way you did. I have no problem with reporting poor customer service for any shop or business.
I reported very poor service myself , it was a shop on Fraser street and have not been back since.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:54 AM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexifd View Post
The guy works there on Sunday is quite good though.
Lol, ya he is pretty good.

I have shopped there for years and Robert (the saltwater guy) unfortunately had to leave due to some serious medical reasons. He was a great guy to deal with and for the most part took care of business in there. I don't know who the new guy is but that kind if service is unacceptable. I am sure this will be addressed once word gets back to the owners.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 05-26-2013, 04:02 AM

apexifd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bblinks View Post
Lol, ya he is pretty good.

I have shopped there for years and Robert (the saltwater guy) unfortunately had to leave due to some serious medical reasons. He was a great guy to deal with and for the most part took care of business in there. I don't know who the new guy is but that kind if service is unacceptable. I am sure this will be addressed once word gets back to the owners.
Sounds like it was the manager looking after the saltwater section today. And we all what happens what you try to get the manager to some real work.

2 tumbs up for the Sunday guy. honeset advice, no pressure sales technique. Etc etc.

purple tang, sohal tang, yellow eye kole tang, fairy wrasse. cleaner wrasse, leopard wrasse, and misc fish.

GHL Mitras 6200HV X 2, MP40 X 2, MP60 X 1, tunze 6095 X 2, Vertex RX6 calcium reactor, Bubble King SM250, Aquamaxx bio pellets reactor, Profilux 3
Old 05-26-2013, 04:42 AM
Han Solo

Ram3500 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by clown lover View Post
Sorry guy's misunderstanding here I didn't realize it was management that was serving you. I didn't think Ron worked in the SW part, that being said I understand now why you felt the way you did. I have no problem with reporting poor customer service for any shop or business.
I reported very poor service myself , it was a shop on Fraser street and have not been back since.
I think you mean langley bypass rite ? The guy on Fraser st has it nailed down and knows what he is doing .
Old 05-26-2013, 04:58 AM

neoh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by neven View Post
On the contrary, it gives them more opportunity to sell you other gear and dry goods to 'help.' accurate advice and a clean store is what you need to give people if you want repeat business. Unfortunately too many people only care about the cheapest prices rather than quality of service so take that increased risk of buying stock from said store. Now if you dropped thousands of dollars in a short time there or constantly then they treat you well, but those customers who sporadically spend are just trash to wiggle a few extra dollars out of when you are in fact acknowledged

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
I agree with the comment, and it comes down to - you get what you pay for.

Thing is, I HAVE dropped thousands of dollars there. The last time I was there I spent $500, the time before that was a little less. But it doesn't seem to matter, he doesn't seem to remember me anyways.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:38 AM

oyf709 is on a distinguished road

well too bad Rob is not there. He was great guy and always provide very honest answer. However, I found almost 99% of the owner there only care about the money from your pocket. The moment you said u not gonna buy from them, they will turn around and be very cold and wish to get lost right away. I guess they forgot that even I might not buy with them today, I can purchase something else in the future.
My case was try to order a cockatiel from them, told they would have it in stock in 1 month, I paid the full amount and end up waited over 3 months. So when I finally found it from another store and adv that I can't wait any more, the lady at the cashier ( the owner) gave me a cold look when I try to get my refund and pretty much told me to just get loss when I want to ask few more questions. I still go there for other stuff when Rob was there, I guess not any more.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:13 AM

msjboy is on a distinguished road

I think that Rob fella , who is a reefer himself, is going cancer treatment and wont be back for up to 6 months..... without him, I think sales are definitely down. There are a couple of reefers who work there sometimes so they probably know his condition better.

BTW, Keep away at the bigger mean bulldog looking fella; he doesn't give you a good deal whereas the other brother, he is more willing.
Without rob, I don't know if all the frags they used to get from reefers are as plentiful as I have not been able to go there as often in the last few months .

msjboy
Old 05-27-2013, 01:18 AM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

I personally would not shop at any pet store that I believe puts profits ahead of good honest advice or ethical treatment of livestock. I have never been to King Ed's, always wanted to, but now I'm not sure.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:20 AM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram3500 View Post
I think you mean langley bypass rite ? The guy on Fraser st has it nailed down and knows what he is doing .
Nope I mean Fraser street in Vancouver, that was a couple of years back. Maybe things have improved since then.

Tags
king eds, lfs reviews