Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 10-17-2010, 07:45 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

so far so slow lol well im hoping my tank will be here on the 24th of october so ive started on the stand so as i can get my sump measurements into the builder . ive decided because of the room that i wont be doing a 6" shelf now its just going to be a 3" shelf. here are some pics of the stand in its framing stage ive built a viewing window into the stand using acrylic , from there i will be able to view my frag tank and refuge and on the opposite corner will be 2 large magnetic doors with enough room for me to enter if need be , also from the large doors in the back i will have access to all the equipment easily enough

here are some pics although untill i get my final measurments for the overflow box i have had to leave out some of the framing and braces

ill add some more pics later as im still working on the stand today cheers!!!!
Old 10-21-2010, 01:54 PM
R.I.P.

word on the wire is tank will be here on sunday cant wait to get this in my house
Old 10-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

I love building stands and that looks hella beefy nice start to it. Makes me wanna start sawing lumber again.

Few other things:

- the rock type and layout in that tank in the bg looks awesome. Can't recall if I commented on it in your build thread but I really like that.

- that is the most overbuilt t5 retro fit I have EVER seen! You could stack a small tank on top of it! RAD.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:16 PM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
I love building stands and that looks hella beefy nice start to it. Makes me wanna start sawing lumber again.

Few other things:

- the rock type and layout in that tank in the bg looks awesome. Can't recall if I commented on it in your build thread but I really like that.

- that is the most overbuilt t5 retro fit I have EVER seen! You could stack a small tank on top of it! RAD.

Haha thanks being a carpenter def helps when it comes stand time lol and that little tank is my 33g zoa tank, Ive never been happy with the layout untill lately, it started off as just zoa's on round rocks and PVC tunnels running throught out for my snowflake eel now it's all grown over you can't see any piping and I've added about 20lbs of tonga branch which purpled up nicely in just 3weeks now when my tanks a little more mature I'll be glueing spsto all the branches. It's got a million caves and overhangs but the downside it's horribly packed lol I don't even have room for a tiny zoo frag I sit there twenty mins going where in he'll am I going to put this lol. That tank has been running for a few years and has had about fifty overhauls and 5 new dirEctions lol but someday I'll be happy with it and some day I may even get a good FTS.

That t5 is something else lol it's all actinics 39w blue and I use them during the late evening or to show off some zoo colors but it's gonna be in storage soon like the other ten lights I have lol
Old 10-21-2010, 06:54 PM
R.I.P.

if anyones curious the square hole in the front of the stand is a window to view my refuge and fragtank from the couch, its hard to tell but the window is in place
Old 10-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Holy cow it is. Gotta love (new) acrylic sheesh.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:06 PM
R.I.P.

tank was delivered today, and i have a minor set back the tank was broke coming into my house it was dropped on its corner by my helper and now i need to replace some panels so i get to do some cutting for the next week, it wont be too hard to replace the two panels im just glad the bottom didnt get affected. on the plus side we got some measurements for my sump and when its built ill be getting two replacement panels and getting them put in when the sump gets here so ....all in all im pleased and the tank is magnificent its huge ill post some pics later when i get a camera
Old 10-24-2010, 08:09 PM
R.I.P.

id like to thank the builder for doing such an amazing job on this tank every inch has perfection written all over it and im very very impressed with the built in sanctuary and everything eles right down to all the beveled holes this truely is a tank i can have displayed in my house with no crap black plastic showing or no cut corners.thanks guys you did an amazing job
Old 10-24-2010, 09:55 PM

PoonTang is on a distinguished road

Oh man what a bummer about the broken glass.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:58 PM
R.I.P.

heres a few quick phone pics of the tank the last one is showing the crack

here is the crack ill be taking out the cracked panel and putting in a new one while the sump is being built