Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 04-03-2014, 03:44 AM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

Concept is awesome to work with. You will be pleased with their customer service and workmanship
Old 04-03-2014, 04:57 AM

Mahawka is on a distinguished road

+1 for bow valley too. But it's a hit or miss. I had a great experience with them when I ordered my tank.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:11 AM

Buccaneer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCGY View Post
They've been awesome to me. If you have cash in hand they will bend over backwards for you. Cheapest place to buy tanks that I've seen
visa is not cash? ... you just got lucky and thats all ... I am not the only one with nightmare experiences with bow valley

“The most important decision you make is to be in a good mood.”
― Voltaire
Old 04-03-2014, 10:54 PM

Mahawka is on a distinguished road

You just need to know how to deal with him. Visa does not equal to cash. Think about it
Old 04-05-2014, 03:18 AM

mihaivapler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Bow valley may have the worst reputation for false promises, long wait times and trying to rip off their customers ... I had to get visa to get my deposit back after waiting weeks and then being told it would be more than the agreed price
Don't know why everyone is against Bow Valley?I had my tank ordered on Monday picked up 4 days later everything all good the tank is really nice and for a fraction from concept quote..for the price concept asked just for the tank bow valley was offered me the tank plus the metal stand.and no extra charge from the original quote..in my opinion concept is just over advertised...why should you pay extra 200$ for the same tank?just so you could say its made by concept?
Old 04-05-2014, 03:52 AM

Coleus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihaivapler View Post
Don't know why everyone is against Bow Valley?I had my tank ordered on Monday picked up 4 days later everything all good the tank is really nice and for a fraction from concept quote..for the price concept asked just for the tank bow valley was offered me the tank plus the metal stand.and no extra charge from the original quote..in my opinion concept is just over advertised...why should you pay extra 200$ for the same tank?just so you could say its made by concept?
you get what you pay for :-) If you are happy with Bow Valley then there is nothing wrong with that. Myself, I am happy customer with Concept because if there is a problem with my tank, I know they will do their best to fix it.

I got my 10 feet tank built by Concept, and they replaced one of the glass panel because there was a very tiny scratch that I could not even notice until they told me.

But you should shop whenever you are comfortable with. Why being negative about store that you never dealt with? Should we just give our feedback about store that we have dealt and then OP can have information and find it out himself?
Old 04-08-2014, 01:38 PM

Buccaneer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihaivapler View Post
You dont know why everyone is against Bow Valley? ... it has been stated here in this small sampling a more than 50% dissatisfaction rate for a business that builds a product that holds ( in some cases ) hundreds of gallons of water in your home. More than one person has stated he is unethical (that alone is a red flag).

The first person to endorse Bow Valley in this thread it was his very first post so likely BV or someone trying to pump his worn out tires.

You seem to miss the point with Bow Valley ... its not the $200 ... you are lucky you got what you asked for and that is all ... its the thousands that people spend and dont get what they paid for ... or the weeks on end of broken promises (2 week tank build turned into 3 month nightmare)

Just because you lucked out and got a tank built by them to your satisfaction does not mean everyone else with a negative experience is lying as you are insinuating

The OP wanted recommendations/referrals ... buyer beware

“The most important decision you make is to be in a good mood.”
― Voltaire
Old 04-09-2014, 02:08 AM

mihaivapler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
You dont know why everyone is against Bow Valley? ... it has been stated here in this small sampling a more than 50% dissatisfaction rate for a business that builds a product that holds ( in some cases ) hundreds of gallons of water in your home. More than one person has stated he is unethical (that alone is a red flag).

The first person to endorse Bow Valley in this thread it was his very first post so likely BV or someone trying to pump his worn out tires.

You seem to miss the point with Bow Valley ... its not the $200 ... you are lucky you got what you asked for and that is all ... its the thousands that people spend and dont get what they paid for ... or the weeks on end of broken promises (2 week tank build turned into 3 month nightmare)

Just because you lucked out and got a tank built by them to your satisfaction does not mean everyone else with a negative experience is lying as you are insinuating

The OP wanted recommendations/referrals ... buyer beware
I didn't say the others are lying,i just reply whit my suggestion whit a tank builder..that's all...i don't say what the other sad i not true,in my case was fast good build and good price...the difference in quality is not huge to make it worth the extra 200..i have a tank from concept to and is no big difference..if for you customer service worth 2-300 or even 1000 depend the size of the tank then go for it...is like you say the only good car is mercedes the rest are not worth buying..i'm just wondering never happened to anyone to have a tank promised by concept for a week later and then to be delayed?its impossible to have all the tanks on time,but that doesn't mean concept is not worth using because they didn't respect the time promised...
Old 04-03-2014, 05:44 AM

byee is on a distinguished road

If you were inVancouver, BC, I would suggest Oceans by Design in Seattle.

Great custom cubes and a heck of a lots less than others mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2014, 07:14 AM

byee is on a distinguished road

I have to agree with Mihaivapler.

Based on everyone's recommendations, I contacted Concept for a custom 60gal cube and quoted a price of just over $1000 shipped to Vancouver.

A little too rich for me.

I ended purchasing my custom built cube at Oceans By Design in Tukwilla, WA (Seattle - Southcenter area) for $500USD.....45g instead.

It's made of 10mm starphire glass on 3 sides.

Great deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk