Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 01-10-2007, 12:02 AM

niloc16 is on a distinguished road

althought my experience with the W-LAN feature has been bad, that is only one feature of the unit and my fault for not knowing how to setup wireless networks. every other feature on this unit has been amazing and extrememly easy to setup and use. everything has its minor flaws and in my experience it has been the 'lack of experience' with the unit that i run into issues.. once i found my way into the menus it was easy. there does sound like there is an issue with the power bars so far with lighting and relays sticking but i'm sure it will be resolved.

although i have sounded negative on this post lately with the WLAN feature, i am still a major supporter of the controller itself. the quality of the components is amazing. i believe the controller will have to get a track record in north america before a strong statement can be made of it being better then all the rest. i post my issues on here, be it negative or positive, so that other people that may have the same issue will resolve it or understand the unit better not to attack the controller and convince others to not buy it or vice versa.

we all have it easy compared to Fudge. when he got the first controller before everyone there was not this post to go into to ask for help or input and all the manuals were in german. i got alot of insight into the controller before buying it from following his experiences. so now that i have blabbed on forever, my point being is that this controller is a very good investment and i hope that my negative issues do not sway people from researching it further

my tank setup
Old 01-10-2007, 03:13 AM

support@proline is on a distinguished road

Very well put Colin
The purpose of forumS like this would be to discuss ,new ways ,methods ,news & equipment ,as I have mentioned before as a wholesaler /distributor our loyalty is to the consumer ,if a product ,does not work ,there is no point for us to support it we neither manufacture ,nor the design it,if the consumer not satisfied with the product makes it imposible for us to carry that brand,therefore the reason for having people test products,......
Dave as far as the other post ,I still stand behind all those statements,as far as the quality of the unit & the probes ,it does not take much to see if it's suprier than other brands.
As far as all the other statements ,still nothing has changed either,We already have users that have installed the W-LAN already ,as colin stated himself the fact that he has not installed the W-LAN ,does not mean that there is a problem with this module however if there were mutiple people unable to calibrate their probes & the face plate of thier units were falling off @ the same time as well ,I guess that would have been a problem
Dave if what you are using serves it's purpose ,there is no reason changing or considering another system ,however for all the profilux users here & also in Germany& other countries ,I am sure they had they own reasons
to pick profilux over other brands based on their own research as It was the case for us as a company.
you might say , we are being biased to the product we carry ,the resean is we commit many hours of research and testing of the products we carry to assure our customers are happy & that is that ,not because we manufacture them.
In any case colin please keep us posted of your progress
btw ,what is your ORP reading now?
Doug what's up my friend ,you have been quiet for a while
Old 01-10-2007, 03:36 AM

my redox is 321mv right now. it definitely went up the couple days after i posted about it.

my tank setup
Old 01-10-2007, 04:28 AM

quick question for anyone. i have my tunzes setup to the controller and i have them set to random but i just noticed that one turned off i disconnectd the cable from the controller and the pump comes on but when i hook it up it turns off again. does someone know if turning the pump off is part of the random generator in the controller. i read the manual i didnt see anywhere stating that it will turn the pump off in the random mode

my tank setup
Old 01-10-2007, 05:15 AM

Matthias Gross is on a distinguished road

Hi Colin,

thanks your comments above.

Tunze control:
i don't know your configuration, i guess you connected 2 pumps with the cables ProfiLux-Tunze1 and ProfiLux-Tunze2, these 2 cables are connected over an Y-cable to one 1-10V-port of ProfiLux.
Further i guess this is port L1L2, then these settings should be done:
1. assign the function current pump1 to 1-10V-interface 1, set min-voltage to 3V and max-voltage to 8V
2. assign the function current pump2 to 1-10V-interface 2, set min-voltage to 3V and max-voltage to 8V
3. do the other current settings as needed (mode, percentage, times,...)

WLAN
i don't understand why you can't get it running. In earlier posts you wrote you had connection until you set the settings to factory defaults. So you have been very close to the target... Try it again next weekend...

Redox and all your other problems
seems you could solve them finally

In general (for all users): ProfiLux is a complex device with a lot of features. It has about 1000 settings which can be altered. We tried to develop a mostly self-explaining user interface but it is strictly recommended to read the manual completely and accurately (even if you think it is not neccessary because you think you'll guess how to do the configuration), only then you will be able to get the most benefit from the manifold features.
And if there are still questions ... don't hesitate to ask me for support!

Last edited by Matthias Gross; 01-10-2007 at 05:54 AM.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:38 AM

SuperFudge is on a distinguished road

Good to hear it`s comin along all, you bunch of rookies !

Heh, cant wait till the end of the week here....im going to upgrade the unit a little bit, ill let you know how things go with some pics.

Dave,
if youve come here simply to troll...please take it elsewhere.

Marc.

Last edited by SuperFudge; 01-10-2007 at 06:46 AM.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:28 AM

Dave C is on a distinguished road

Marc, the discussion about profilux that I referred to came up on a thread about Aquatronica. No one suggested at that time that it was inappropriate to bash AQT in favor of Profilux or to make the comparisons that were made on a review thread about a product. Similarly, no one suggested that it was akin to trolling. The point was made, at that time that if you read the boards all you'd find is threads about problems with AQT units. That was incorrect at that time and what Proline is saying now about AQT problems is equally incorrect. (no one has face plates falling off, and by only mentioning the issues with probes he completely ignores the many threads by satisfied AQT customers). So while you may not appreciate my comments I believe they are equally valid and the comparison apt. I have no doubt that the Profilux unit is solid and will work as intended, much like the AQT unit is working for me right now. And while the interruption of this thread, in order to make the comment of the problems that Profilux users are suffering, may not be appreciated it is as valid as the statements made in the AQT thread. Enjoy your controller, as I do mine.
225g reef 3x250w MH 8x39w T5 Sfiligoi/ACLS, Deltec AP851, Deltec PF601S, Deltec KM500, Ozotech Poseidon, Aquatronica, Tunze TS48, Tunze Nanostream 6025s, Aqua UV 114w, MTC Ozone reactor, Cole Parmer peristaltic pump

67g reef, Euro-Reef RS135, 60g refugium, Mag 9 return, Tunze Nanostream 6025s, 4x39w T5

Last edited by Dave C; 01-10-2007 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:44 PM

SuperFudge is on a distinguished road

Dave,

With due respect, this thread has nothing to do with proline, nor does it have anything to do with AQT.
It has even less to do with another thread that someone has posted stuff that you do not like, be it valid or not.

If youve got a beef with proline...send them an email.

This thread is in regards to the controller I have purchased, and potentially others that might choose the same so they can give their suggestions and comments and ask questions about it , aswell to give all members a fair view so they can make an honest and unbaised choice when considering ANY controller.

I would even love to hear comparisons between the two or questions and comments you have in that regard.

But so far, you can call it what you like, ill call it trolling.

Marc.

Last edited by SuperFudge; 01-10-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:56 PM

Dave C is on a distinguished road

With equal respect Marc, the thread that the quote I posted came from had nothing to do with proline or Profilux. Yet while I was reading that review of the AQT controller I had to read about the benefits of Profilux & the negatives of AQT. I guess I could have not pointed out that the Profilux has some problems on this thread, much like all new equipment does, and instead just posted a link to a positive review of the AQT controller as an alternative to the Profilux. Would that also have been inappropriate? Because that was how the discussion of the Profilux controller showed up on a review of AQT.

What I'm saying is that if my input here is inappropriate then it was equally inappropriate on the other thread. You may refer to my posts as trolling & I'll end them now... but all they are is a similar type of intrusion as was done on the AQT review. Equally inappropriate, or equally acceptable. There was no hue & cry when it was done on the AQT thread yet here it seems to be undesirable. I am new to this forum and am learning the rules, both written & unwritten, as I go. I assumed from the behavior on the AQT thread that it was acceptable to offer alternatives & point out problems on a review thread. Perhaps a moderator could explain to me the difference in the two threads & the reaction to them. But as I said, I'll end my input here.
225g reef 3x250w MH 8x39w T5 Sfiligoi/ACLS, Deltec AP851, Deltec PF601S, Deltec KM500, Ozotech Poseidon, Aquatronica, Tunze TS48, Tunze Nanostream 6025s, Aqua UV 114w, MTC Ozone reactor, Cole Parmer peristaltic pump

67g reef, Euro-Reef RS135, 60g refugium, Mag 9 return, Tunze Nanostream 6025s, 4x39w T5
Old 01-10-2007, 06:14 PM

MNSPS is on a distinguished road
Default Profiliux Powerbar6D?

I purchased a Profilux II Plus system. Can't wait to get it! I heard Profilux is coming out with a Powerbar6D 6 socket digital powerbar. Does anyone know when the Powerbar6D will be released? I might hold off on buying the 4 socket powerbars if the Powerbar6D is going to be released soon. Also, any information regarding the pricing of the Powerbar6D?