Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Oceanic Corals

Old 10-31-2010, 06:05 PM

reefermadness is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanicCorals-Paul- View Post
My point of the sarcastic remark was to make light of the fact that I have scoured the 4 corners of the world searching for ORA/Tyree look a like corals because they are so common, that's why ORA and Tyree have been known for; putting their names on commonly found corals (pls. read sarcasm here) and charging unsuspecting consumers premium money for them.
Not true at all. I'm an avid SPS collector. I have over 2000 posts in the SPS forum on RC a lone.You are not fooling anyone. Yes, you can find some ORA/Tyree look a likes (usually never as nice) but many you absolutely can NOT find.

Also if what you say is true...why call them buy the same name? You make jokes about where these corals come from and the "pedigree" yet you intentionally use the same system to advertise your corals and make money. A little hypocritical IMO.

Quote:
This person has no interest in buying from me because I assure you, he or she thinks that my prices are too high and if I was to relinquish my sources he/she can get their favorite LFS to bring it in and sell to them cheaper.
You are right that after all this I do not have any interest in buying from you (I prefer the real things anyway)....before I posted on this thread I actually did consider it. The rest of your statement is totally false. I have spent more then you are asking for these corals.

Quote:
Or, he/she would also like to bring the same corals in themselves and sell it.
also false...I have no interest turning my hobby into a business.

Quote:
As a business man, it would be unwise for me to even entertain this and the only way that they feel that they can get what they want is by constantly accusing me of illegal importation because to their knowledge it is impossible.
hmmm?? Illegal imporation is very possible.

Quote:
To say that this person wants me to share my information with other LFS so that we all have a level playing field is pretty ridiculous in my eyes.
Sorry but I did not ask you to do this.

Quote:
So, I am constantly being put on the cross to defend myself. The only way to rid me of this is to come out and explain in text point to point on how it's done. And like I've expressed numerous times; it is not in my best interest to do so.
No the only way to defend yourself is answer my two simple questions. And since you have now said that these are in fact not corals coming from ORA or Tyree directly or indirectly but in fact corals that simply look like ORA or Tyree corals the conversation is over.

Thank you for finally being honest about the situation. It is much appreciated.

Last edited by reefermadness; 10-31-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:19 PM

Sebae again is on a distinguished road

Reefermadness, even though the famous Reefer Madness coral business went out of business in 2009 long after it's inception, how did you come about the name for your own use if you chose to use it years later as your name on Canreef ? Are you related to them through some sort of lineage or affiliated with them in their venture or did you use their name without permission ? Do we all not have a costitutional right to know?
Old 10-31-2010, 06:23 PM

Gooly001 is on a distinguished road

The plot thickens.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebae again View Post
Reefermadness, even though the famous Reefer Madness coral business went out of business in 2009 long after it's inception, how did you come about the name for your own use if you chose to use it years later as your name on Canreef ? Are you related to them through some sort of lineage or affiliated with them in their venture or did you use their name without permission ? Do we all not have a costitutional right to know?
Umm..sure. I liked the name. Is there a problem with that?

I already stated...I have no finanical gain from any of this...I am and always have been a simple aquarist with no business affiliation.

Also I already stated my motive for posting....simply just to find the truth and I think all reef stores should be playing by the same rules.

PLOT THINNED.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:57 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefermadness View Post
I think all reef stores should be playing by the same rules.
I think that's crap! If someone has some method to gain a competitive advantage, all the power to them. It creates competition and diversity in the market, rather than every store carrying all the same stuff, all at the same price, etc...boring.

Whatever Paul figured out here, good on him. It gives us access to corals previously not available, and his name has been cleared by DFO. Good enough for me. As I said, if it's not good enough for you, shop elsewhere, that's the point of a diverse market. You don't have to deal with Paul at all.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:58 PM

Oceanic is on a distinguished road

+1 with this.... Enough of the comments here put together from Reefermadness could fairly easily at this point be looked at as Libel and fairly easily challenged in court... I think some advice to tread lightly should be observed......

Just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
This is unreal. If I accused my neighbour of illegal activity on the basis that he drives a nicer car that I can afford myself, that would a sentiment based on pettiness and jealousy and to publicly accuse someone of such without any proof in hand is libel and the irony there is that THAT is illegal and can have consequences.

Having some knowledge of CITES process and not able to discern the activities of what another person may be doing is a huge stretch to claim illegal activity. HUGE stretch.

The LFS industry is all about guarded secrets regarding suppliers. Go into any LFS and ask them where they import their fish from. Beyond maybe in ambiguous or vague terms or maybe a geographic area, they won't tell you. Certainly not things like the names and contact info of specific suppliers. Maybe some will, but that's an individual choice on their part what to disclose. It's a fact of life in this industry.

To me this is no different. The choice is clear: buy them or don't buy them. And leave it at that. It's that simple.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
I think that's crap! If someone has some method to gain a competitive advantage, all the power to them. It creates competition and diversity in the market, rather than every store carrying all the same stuff, all at the same price, etc...boring.
Totally agree...if its with in the law. Because not ever store would be willing to break the law and to me that just isnt fair.

GUYS CONTROVERSY OVER. Paul has stated that these are not the real ORA/Tyree corals. Although I think it is a bit misleading that his advertising them with the same name...it is good enough for me......
Old 10-31-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic View Post
+1 with this.... Enough of the comments here put together from Reefermadness could fairly easily at this point be looked at as Libel and fairly easily challenged in court... I think some advice to tread lightly should be observed......

Just saying.
I asked questions.....never did I say that I know you did something illegal (because I don't know and inocent till proven guilty). Libel...give me a break.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:38 PM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoaElite View Post
The ORA Red Planet I purchased from Laurier which was purchased from Oceanic came with the original black plug (Direct from ORA). You are debating over the most ridiculous point, if you don't like the coral don't buy it end of story.
This.

Plus this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefermadness View Post
Totally agree...if its with in the law. Because not ever store would be willing to break the law and to me that just isnt fair.

GUYS CONTROVERSY OVER. Paul has stated that these are not the real ORA/Tyree corals. Although I think it is a bit misleading that his advertising them with the same name...it is good enough for me......
Plus this:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68931

= thread LOL
Old 10-31-2010, 08:05 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

This is getting very serious so I feel I need to chime in with something very important to- ooo look LOLcats!