Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 09-07-2015, 04:31 AM

duncangweller is on a distinguished road

This might seem stupid, but I did this before, but.....

Check the order of your filters. I put the filters in the wrong containers (I put the 1micron before the 5micron) and I couldn't get any higher than 20psi.

I was fed up so bought a new set of filters even though the ones were quite new at the time and I then realised that they were in the wrong order.

My output instantly increased from 20psi to over 50psi.

Silly me!
Old 09-07-2015, 04:41 AM

Craigdillman is on a distinguished road

Yea your right, I'm being irrational lol burnnnnn it . I'll be semi mad when I order a new membrane and it fixes the problem and I coulda done bag months ago
Old 09-07-2015, 04:58 AM

Just double checked the pre filters they are in the right order

So if the membrane is shot would that cause there to be more waste water ?
Old 09-07-2015, 06:57 AM

Bobothemonk is on a distinguished road

I run aquasafe and im happy with it.

If the membrane is done it will not allow as much water thru it. Also the part of the membrane allowing flow will damage allowing stuff thru. Less flow + more TDS = membrane shot.

You know pre filters are good, take out membrane and run system to check that the resin flow is good. If flow still sucks then put membrane back in and disconnect resin and run. Compare the flow and determine which (maybe both) you need to replace. Membrane being messed might have let stuff into the resin and that may also need to be replaced.

If you have a couple of buckets run the waste into a bucket and the good into another bucket to measure your waste to good water ratio. Take some guess work out of the picture.

But from sounds of it you simply need new membrane and if your using for everyday drinking water you have alot of use there. Maybe your water isnt as good added with high use means you need to stick to new membranes once a year to keep system running at peak performance.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:30 PM

Gools is on a distinguished road

Didn't get a chance to read all the posts, and maybe it was already mentioned but isn't that picture of a flow restrictor just a flow restrictor? Meaning just mentioned to adjust water flow instead of a proper flow restrictor that has a special number to coinside with you membrane? They only cost a buck or 2,. Worth a try! My 2 cents
Old 09-07-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobothemonk View Post
I run aquasafe and im happy with it.

If the membrane is done it will not allow as much water thru it. Also the part of the membrane allowing flow will damage allowing stuff thru. Less flow + more TDS = membrane shot.

You know pre filters are good, take out membrane and run system to check that the resin flow is good. If flow still sucks then put membrane back in and disconnect resin and run. Compare the flow and determine which (maybe both) you need to replace. Membrane being messed might have let stuff into the resin and that may also need to be replaced.

If you have a couple of buckets run the waste into a bucket and the good into another bucket to measure your waste to good water ratio. Take some guess work out of the picture.

But from sounds of it you simply need new membrane and if your using for everyday drinking water you have alot of use there. Maybe your water isnt as good added with high use means you need to stick to new membranes once a year to keep system running at peak performance.

Ok gonna pull the membrane today and run it, the di resin is bran new replaced it with the pre filters few days ago

I think you guys are bang thanks on I'm ordering a new membrane pretty sure that's the problem
Old 09-07-2015, 06:00 PM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

I would buy the correct flow restrictor for the membrane you are getting while placing the order. I had an adjustable one from Aquasafe and it was garbage. Needed constant adjustment to work properly.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:32 PM

I was going to buy the 100GPD membrane from aquasafe again or should I buy a different one and a new flow restrictor
Old 09-07-2015, 08:15 PM

Will any membrane fit? Should be a standard housing right? Like if I get a spectapure membrane and new flow restrictor
Old 09-07-2015, 08:22 PM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Yes they are usually the same size. The DOW Filmtec membranes are supposed to be one of the best. Big Reef Depot actually has them on sale right now.