Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-01-2015, 09:56 PM

garwood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
I would have my doubts , how small of water volume are we talking? Rock can only leach phosphates for so long it's not something that is created long term and if you acid bathed the rock then its surface has been stripped clean. How do you export nutrients now and when did you start with phosphate removers?

It's not just nitrates and phosphates that algae uses but other elements as well, and some algaes are tolerant of low nutrient conditions so as the saying goes know your enemy to find his weaknesses ....basically I.D the algae

A pic would help
The algae is green hair algae, its a 70gallon tank with a 30 gallon sump. For nutrient export i am using sro 1000 protein skimmer and been doin 10 gallon water changes a week. i am using phosban in one reactor and carbon in another that was started about a month ago. im not saying bad about the rock. i love the rock, most amazing looking rock ive ever seen, but heard it could be a reason with algae probs in other peoples posts. got 3 chromis and lawn mower blenny and all kinds of snails and a few small hermits. been feeding mysis and pellets but not overfeeding. so i dont know what could be driving it

Last edited by garwood; 05-01-2015 at 10:01 PM.