Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 03-21-2015, 02:45 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Depends on how anal you want to be
Your question covers a lot of topics ...
And I see you've bought a lot of stuff lately ... where did it all come from ?

If you want to ensure that absolutely nothing 'bad' gets into your new system, then the answer is NO
If you don't plan on adding any fish to your 180 for the next 10 or 15 weeks, then apply this to the corals ...
A pic I saw of your's shows a yellow tang with a nasty pink mark on its side so I'll assume your fish need some clean water
And this alone would stop me from adding anything to my tank

For corals;

If you want to take a chance, then you're perfectly fine rinsing your corals in a tub of tank water before you add them to your new 180

Using a dip and looking for 'stuff' that comes off is a good idea before adding to your new DT

For rock;
You'd have to wait a minimum of 72 days if you want to avoid Marine Ich. So, it depends on what you are trying to avoid ...

If I was you, I'd keep my stuff in QT for awhile longer ............

Last edited by gregzz4; 03-21-2015 at 02:53 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:44 AM

hondas3000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
Depends on how anal you want to be
Your question covers a lot of topics ...
And I see you've bought a lot of stuff lately ... where did it all come from ?

If you want to ensure that absolutely nothing 'bad' gets into your new system, then the answer is NO
If you don't plan on adding any fish to your 180 for the next 10 or 15 weeks, then apply this to the corals ...
A pic I saw of your's shows a yellow tang with a nasty pink mark on its side so I'll assume your fish need some clean water
And this alone would stop me from adding anything to my tank

For corals;

If you want to take a chance, then you're perfectly fine rinsing your corals in a tub of tank water before you add them to your new 180

Using a dip and looking for 'stuff' that comes off is a good idea before adding to your new DT

For rock;
You'd have to wait a minimum of 72 days if you want to avoid Marine Ich. So, it depends on what you are trying to avoid ...

If I was you, I'd keep my stuff in QT for awhile longer ............

Thanks Greg, I am not adding any more fish or coral for now until new tank is up and running as I have no more room . I am only planning to keep 7 fish and sell off the rest. I don' have problem with keeping QT tank running longer for the fish. All my fish come from store newly caught and from member tank as well. Not to mention I have lots of snail, crab as well.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:06 AM

I also want to use white sand base, any brand or type of sand is good? Planning to buy it at J&L and I will have jabao RW20 x 2 so hope I don't blow away the sand. It is will 1-2" base only.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:32 PM

so now i have to redo my sump as 90G standard size with 24" high won't give me room to have my skimmer cup remove to do cleaning. Going with 75G sump now and hopefully will get tank fill up with water this weekend.