Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 02-03-2015, 10:21 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Since it's only 165g, 2 x RW20s should be plenty of flow for the tank. I haven't used the Gyre but that looks like a very interesting option as well. Being a peninsula tank, placement of wavemakers will be very limited.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:26 PM

Ron99 is on a distinguished road

I would skip the Tunze Osmolator. They are expensive and unreliable. I've had a simple setup from attotopoff.com that I've used for years without problem.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:11 AM

mikellini is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron99 View Post
I would skip the Tunze Osmolator. They are expensive and unreliable. I've had a simple setup from attotopoff.com that I've used for years without problem.
First I've heard of being unreliable. Especially when compared to cheap float switches. I've had both, and had far more issues with the ATO.com kit. Required more maintenance too, always taking them apart to clean them, tube snails suck!
Old 02-04-2015, 03:25 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

My osmolator is still chugging along years later , original pump and still doesn't miss a beat ......looks like crap as I've super glued it , siliconed it and taped it into different places lol but still works fine for me I have a couple running on different tanks between here and work and they all have worked fine like anything electronic though stuff happens.

Nice build btw!! p
Old 02-04-2015, 03:49 AM

Ranchu50 is on a distinguished road
Default Following

Being that Rishu lives 5 minutes from my house, i am very interested in your tank build!
Amazing dedication Rishu!
Excited for you!
Old 02-04-2015, 04:17 AM

Treebeard is on a distinguished road

I would pass on the mushrooms. I would gladly give you all of mine if I could do it without smashing my live rock to smithereens!
Old 02-04-2015, 05:05 AM

Ron99 is on a distinguished road

Hmmm, must have had a bad osmolator because the one I used was nothing but trouble. The pump wouldn't trigger on, the controller just showed an error. But could trigger it manually. but I'm pretty sure I've read about others having issues. On the flip side, my ATO.com unit has been flawless. So YMMV.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:05 AM

rishu_pepper is on a distinguished road

Let's try to reply to everyone!

Tim: I have not heard of the Foz Down product. If indeed it does what it advertises, then I'm all in for it! I guess I can always try a bottle and see. I agree that I do not enjoy changing out the RowaPhos stuff all the time.

Warren: Thanks for the branches, they are lovely! I'll let you know of the delivery date, we definitely need all hands on deck for this one!

Delphinus: Yeah it's a bit narrow, but we'll work with it. For lighting, I am still scouring/researching the mid-tier LEDs such as Reefbreeders, Reef Radiance, etc. My current Hydra 52s would work wonders but I cannot afford another $1500 for another two fixtures, so I'm selling my Hydras to fund these ones.

Skimmin: Considering my tank will only have just half of your DT size in terms of gallonage, I think I will be okay for now with 2 RW-20s. Time will tell.

Roskoreef: I saw yours and it looks very similar to mine! It looks awesome and makes me so excited about mine too!

Anthony: Hopefully the RW-20s will be well-situated and enough flow.

Ron/Mikellini/Denny: Perhaps Ron you got a lemon? I have had my Tunze Nano ATO for a while now and it's been extremely reliable, and most people's experience from what I've read online has been very positive. ATO = makes jobs easier.

Patrick: Haha one day you'll need to visit again when the tank is up! I should come visit you too with your new RSM!

Treebeard: I have heard of instances where mushrooms grow out of control, but both the wife and I enjoy these corals so I think they'll have their place.

Brian
Old 02-04-2015, 07:14 AM

rishu_pepper is on a distinguished road

Here's the 3D model the wife constructed, with some coral placements. None of these are permanent decisions, rather just having fun with what it could look like:

Side view, dining room

Side view, living room

Front view

Top view, dining room side

Top view, living room side

Bird's eye view

Brian
Old 02-04-2015, 08:13 AM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

LOL ---> Love the labels! ♥♥♥