Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 03-24-2014, 05:19 PM

darkreef is on a distinguished road

Two small for a big tank , not enough food for a little tank ..
You judge but I think there a waste of money .
The ones iv been seeing are as big as a quarter maybe
Old 12-03-2014, 01:43 AM

Alyssa is on a distinguished road

I have had a female (I believe) for approx 5 weeks. She is in QT, seeded with liverock and sand from our DT. She is doing really well eating frozen brine. She is pretty small about 1 1/2 inches. I am having troubles finding a lot of info on the Morley and I am wondering if anyone knows how big she will get. I am pretty shocked at the price everyone is saying, I think I paid like $40 for her.she is very beautiful but the biggest chicken I have ever met.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:22 AM

mohammadali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanerickson View Post
Pretty sure we will be seeing this fish more often great looking fish I want one for my nano.how much are people paying for this fish anyone?
Hey Ryan check out the king ed they bring this fish sometimes
Old 12-03-2014, 03:53 AM

kamloops_reefer is on a distinguished road

Had mine for about 2 months in a 125gallon. All is well but I have plenty of pods
Old 12-03-2014, 04:42 AM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

Old thread revival! I'm totally in on this fun!

I had one too. He was in my Biocube. He was awesome. He was way cooler than the other fishes and was so rare that none of the other fishes had ever heard of him - an aquatic hipster if you will.

He was majestic. In fact, so majestic he felt that he should rule skies as well as the sea, and being a fish hipster he felt he was too cool for the water because everyone else was doing it... so one day he took off for open air, a flying streak of brilliant red light like one of Zeus' lightning bolts thrown from heaven. He flew through the air with all the majesty of a bald eagle!

...Then SPLAT! he crashed right into the fish guard I had put in place to prevent his escape into the dark, pump impeller-infested waters of the dreaded rear chamber. But, like I said, this fish was majestic... so majestic that through sheer will he rejected the notion of returning to his former life in the water and instead levitated like a fishy reverse-Jesus who could walk on air instead of water (read: stuck to the fish guard employed specifically to prevent his untimely demise)...

...and there he remained plastered to the fish guard, his holy body slime keeping him firmly secured in a cruciform position several inches above the water where... he sadly died a slow, ironic death like the fish-hipster he was...

RIP, you beautiful bastard
Old 12-03-2014, 05:14 AM

Kellyscoral is on a distinguished road

Same story here - had two. After about two weeks of trying to get them to eat (they didn't even want to eat pods it seemed at first) they both jumped through an opening of about only one inch. I liked them so much I went and bought 2 more. Same thing again. So as beautiful as they are, I will never try keeping them again.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:24 PM

CM125 is on a distinguished road

We also had one for a couple weeks, it ate well but disappeared one day. Never found it we replaced with a regular red scooter whos doin great
Old 12-04-2014, 05:54 AM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

I have a red male scooter blennie rehomed to me from Gregg. Gregg you'll be happy to know "Chico" is now eating 5mm pellets along with Mysis and of course pods. He's fattening up and looking great, flies his dorsal all the time. I'll try and get a picture of him and post it.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:17 PM

seabreeze is on a distinguished road

I've had a male and several females for at least 4-5 months now. The often display a spawning ritual. Got them from Oceanic in Aldergrove - check with Paul and Albert
Old 12-04-2014, 10:13 PM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabreeze View Post
I've had a male and several females for at least 4-5 months now. The often display a spawning ritual. Got them from Oceanic in Aldergrove - check with Paul and Albert
You must have lots of pods available with all the females, are they trained onto Mysis or pellets, what size tank?