Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 08-14-2014, 04:41 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road
Default going a ittle crazy

well its been over a month since I have been able to ride the bike and its driving me nuts.

On my way home from visiting the island (and Brad) some one backed into my bike at a rest stop (darn Alberta drivers )

so the damage doesn't look bad at first glance

the fender was pushed down into the tire, and it took me about an hour of beating to get it off the tire enough so I could drive it the remaining 120km at 50kph.... that and frequent stops made for a 3 hour limp home.

waiting 3 weeks now for the appraiser's company to get the report to the Alberta insurance company so HD can order the parts to fix it. total bill is going to be $5300.00 and once they get the report I'll be riding with in a week or two (although with a take off used fender, as the new painted one has a 8 to 12 week delivery time).

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:57 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear about your damage
I hate careless drivers

Did I read that right ? 5 Thousand and 3 Hundred dollars for a fender ????
What's all the hidden damage ?
Old 08-14-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
Sorry to hear about your damage
I hate careless drivers

Did I read that right ? 5 Thousand and 3 Hundred dollars for a fender ????
What's all the hidden damage ?
new fender and paint and trim alone is 1200.00, but they backed into me hard enough to bend the forks, so there 600 each, new front tire, 300, engine guard, saddle bag guards, highway pegs, ect.... comes to 3800ish in parts then labour and tax go to 5300.00.

this happened at a stop sign also, so I wasn't parked and off the bike.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Old 08-14-2014, 04:53 PM

kamloops_reefer is on a distinguished road

did I read that right? you were at a stop sign and someone back into you? you weren't lying when you said it was an Alberta driver were you?
Old 08-15-2014, 12:42 AM

nope that's right, I stopped at the Britney creak rest stop for a icecream on the way home, when I went to leave there was a suv at the stop sign, I stopped about 10 to 15 feet behind him. all of a sudden he threw it in reverse and started backing up.

Steve

Old 08-15-2014, 01:33 AM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

So glad you weren't hurt...or were you? Wow, i hope you are ok and it was just damage to your bike! Who goes in reverse at a stop sign anyway??
Old 08-15-2014, 02:18 AM

toytech is on a distinguished road

saw this exact thing at a stop light last month , girl ran over the guys foot , why do alberta drivers like backing over bikers? oh wait there all s#$% drivers now I remember .
Old 08-15-2014, 02:23 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Well I have never seen it at a stop sign, I've seen people stop a little too far into an intersection at a red light in winter and then back up. But then forget the transmission is in reverse when the light turns green....
Old 08-15-2014, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
So glad you weren't hurt...or were you? Wow, i hope you are ok and it was just damage to your bike! Who goes in reverse at a stop sign anyway??
ya, I am fine. I guess they were a little confused as they were heading back to Calgary and at the intersection you turn one way to go to hope and the other way to go to Merritt. since there was no sign pointing to Calgary they were just going to back up into the rest stop and ask directions. Very nice couple about my age with two nice daughters. to bad we had to meet this way though.
When the cop was done with them (about 3 hours after the incident) he asked me how I was so calm... I simply said "I am to old and life is to short to get worked up over something like this."

but what is making me mad is the dragging of the feet by the appraiser. I could have been riding again about now... but the insurance company hasn't got the appraisal yet. They already told me the other couple admitted fault and they are going to fix it, just the formality of the paperwork holding things up.

Steve

Old 08-21-2014, 04:58 AM

So I found out Tuesday morning the insurance company authorized HD to go ahead and fix the bike, so the parts were ordered last week. hopefully I'll get it back before my holidays are over so I can take a trip. and the best news is they didn't try disputing any of the damage.

Steve