Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Concept Aquariums

Old 08-07-2014, 07:38 PM

SoloSK71 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
you mean labor day? isnt that the following weekend? i could be wrong though lol
First Monday in September is Labour Day ... that is the one weekend this summer where I am out of town

Charles

Success in this hobby does not count how you spend your money, it counts how you spend your time.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:34 PM

hackerberry is on a distinguished road

I'll be out of town too. Sunday after the long weekend would be great as a lot of the folks are back from vacation.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:44 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackerberry View Post
I'll be out of town too. Sunday after the long weekend would be great as a lot of the folks are back from vacation.
thats what i am thinking that we may do it for the following weekend, of course guys this is all for you so it comes down to whats the best time as whole for everyone

so looks like we are now at sept 7 2014 as the date

is this better?
Old 08-07-2014, 09:19 PM

SoloSK71 is on a distinguished road

better ...

Charles

Success in this hobby does not count how you spend your money, it counts how you spend your time.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:36 PM
R.I.P.

ok so sunday september 7

ill make up an official thread tomorrow and we can get this rolling

everyone start to gather up your sellables
Old 08-08-2014, 12:30 AM

mikekost is on a distinguished road

yay for a sunday. only day of the week i have off!
Old 08-08-2014, 12:44 AM
R.I.P.

ok...lol

so we all had a talk and we got to calling a bunch of other fishstores and online businesses, wholesalers etc. that we know and i think we are going to plan the greatest fragfest of all time as there seems to be alot of interest from sponsors in quite a few provinces.

so we need time, as much as we would like to throw a festival together for the end of the month-ish , right now we are looking at flying in other sponsors from different provinces and their livestock, setting up tables for stores and people , making flyers and doing promos and giveaways.

we want all the big names to come together for a day of reef glory lol

so we are thinking either late sept or first weekend in october , the day will be a sunday as overall a sunday seems to work best for everyone.

we will rent tables, tents and a place for kids to hang out and play.

big giveaways, discounts from all vendors , local sales , bbq....the works really. maybe even some fireworks hehehe

we want this to be big.....hundred upon hundreds of people big and would like to see people from outside of calgary make the day trip down , and i think in order to drive say from edmonton to calgary for a festival there needs to be time to plan.

dave is going to plan for the next few days with some vendors and local(breeders/fraggers etc) and then hes going to make a official post explaining what we will all have planned.

stay tuned folks!!

Last edited by reefwars; 08-08-2014 at 12:47 AM. Reason: im on vacation lol
Old 08-08-2014, 12:48 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
ok...lol

so we all had a talk and we got to calling a bunch of other fishstores and online businesses, wholesalers etc. that we know and i think we are going to plan the greatest fragfest of all time as there seems to be alot of interest from sponsors in quite a few provinces.

so we need time, as much as we would like to throw a festival together for the end of the month-ish , right now we are looking at flying in other sponsors from different provinces and their livestock, setting up tables for stores and people , making flyers and doing promos and giveaways.

we want all the big names to come together for a day of reef glory lol

so we are thinking either late sept or first weekend in october , the day will be a sunday as overall a sunday seems to work best for everyone.

we will rent tables, tents and a place for kids to hang out and play.

big giveaways, discounts from all vendors , local sales , bbq....the works really. maybe even some fireworks hehehe

we want this to be big.....hundred upon hundreds of people big and would like to see people from outside of calgary make the day trip down , and i think in order to drive say from edmonton to calgary for a festival there needs to be time to plan.

dave is going to plan for the next few days with some vendors and local(breeders/fraggers etc) and then hes going to make a official post explaining what we will all have planned.

stay tuned folks!!
OH BOY FIREWORKS!!!!!

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob
Old 08-08-2014, 12:53 AM

mikekost is on a distinguished road

so what your saying is that i should start putting away $200 a week for this event and start to cycle a bigger tank? haha
Old 08-08-2014, 12:59 AM
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekost View Post
so what your saying is that i should start putting away $200 a week for this event and start to cycle a bigger tank? haha

yes pretty much lol

people in calgary know what calgary has but would love to see what other vendors from different provinces are bringing as well some of the bigger names in the hobby that we all only read about but love to see their pics other vendors want exposure its summer and everyone is slow , what better way to get your name around and meet people then to host a reef festival in one of the larger cities canada has to offer for reefing

at first we just wanted to host an event , have a bbq and a few drinks....now we want rock concert style attendance lol

this is going to be big and no expense spared!!