Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 06-15-2014, 04:04 AM

K2Krusher is on a distinguished road

a couple doses of Aiptasia X works for me.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:14 AM

Madreefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy00 View Post
Yea they are a piece of crap, that was kinda my point lol. They work about as well as any other aptasia killer. Just spreads spores everywhere. To avoid getting wet, could always drain water a little bit
What's a piece of crap? The laser or the zapper? The zapper works great from my experience but a piece of crap to me due to the way I built it. I cheaped out on parts. I've been researching the lasers and even joined a forum on laser burners to ask questions. I haven't decided on which model to order yet.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:49 AM

GoFish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
I've been researching the lasers and even joined a forum on laser burners to ask questions. I haven't decided on which model to order yet.
Try searching that forum for "anemone" just a brief read suggests it's been discussed several times there before. Keen to know myself... I ordered a green handheld 5mw laser from eBay a while ago that showed a picture of it lighting a match. Definitley not enough power to even bother a reef pest, I'm sure you know that already too
Sounds like you may have another hobby on your hands, let us know what your research finds, I'll try to help find info as well
Old 06-16-2014, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity View Post
Try searching that forum for "anemone" just a brief read suggests it's been discussed several times there before. Keen to know myself... I ordered a green handheld 5mw laser from eBay a while ago that showed a picture of it lighting a match. Definitley not enough power to even bother a reef pest, I'm sure you know that already too
Sounds like you may have another hobby on your hands, let us know what your research finds, I'll try to help find info as well
Yea I never thought that laser pointers were a hobby. To be honest I really don't understand what the hobby part is. I'm too emberassed to ask on there, don't wanna insult anyone. I think it may be a while before I find someone I trust to purchase from. I PMd a member on there from Vancouver and he gave me some suggestions. My budget is no more than $300. But noted I request that it be sent with no batteries, instruction manual, warning labels or safety glasses. I guess customs is really sticky with those things. You also have to be an adult to even be on that forum. Dangerous 5hit those things.

Last edited by Madreefer; 06-16-2014 at 05:40 AM.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:27 PM

GoFish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madreefer View Post
To be honest I really don't understand what the hobby part is. I'm too emberassed to ask on there, don't wanna insult anyone.
I hear ya! I'd want a laser to either engrave something, or burn something, or engrave, or burn, ummmm.... Saw someone on there with 20 lasers they've built in their signature, what would you need 20 lasers for?!!
Sheesh
Safety goggles are definitley a must, makes me feel kinda dumb for trying to burn a ball tip anemone while looking at it, squinting mind you as it was bright!

How about a tiny syringe with muriatic acid to inject them for the time being?
Old 06-16-2014, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity View Post

How about a tiny syringe with muriatic acid to inject them for the time being?
I started that process this morning. Just don't want to do too much at one time. It's going to have to do until I can find a reliable source for my laser.
This is the paly i'm trying to get rid of

Here's a spot I injected after 2 mins and it took 6ml in a syringe. My ph was'nt effected at all. I have so many more patches to go.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:19 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

I have that exact same paly all over the place (not on purpose). Mine started out as just a few that hitchhiked on some other colony of zoos I think.

My solution to this pest coral was to re-label them as "Kien's High End Designer Palys." I'm currently working on giving them a cool trade name.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
I have that exact same paly all over the place (not on purpose). Mine started out as just a few that hitchhiked on some other colony of zoos I think.

My solution to this pest coral was to re-label them as "Kien's High End Designer Palys." I'm currently working on giving them a cool trade name.
Haha yea they seem to take over all other palys and zoas. PIA
Maybe you can start selling some great Kiener Designer Coral Packs if you group them together with the famous clove polyps everyone wants.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:19 PM

AquaPin is on a distinguished road

Had the same ones hitchhike on a new peice of rock. Spread over the rock quickly. Injected them with lemon juice a few times and that took out most of them. The few remaining I covered with Epoxy.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:58 PM

canadianbudz604 is on a distinguished road
Default Palys

Texas trash Palys is what they are, and yep they grow fast, but I also found lemon juice killed them...