Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 04-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Gang, leave it alone please. Sell him a fish or don't. Easy.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:04 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virual View Post
Listen everyone I have been doing this for 15 years I know what I am doing, I currently already have a 450 gallon and a 250 gallon. I will be grabbing used bio from a friend to jump stat this system, the fish I get will not die. The purpose for this system is to import saltwater fish from net caught facilities only and to sell them at wholesale pricing. If your intrested you can check out Net Caught Marined Direct on facebook. Thanks for everyones input on how to cycle my system.
Thanks for the pic! Please don't be turned off by some peoples' lack of control. Forum-based users tend to be harsh instead of providing useful information.

Anyway, I hope you are aiming to sell wholesale pricing to wholesale customers, rather than wholesale pricing to retail customers.

The comments you made in your very first post suggest you want to cycle your tank with a fish, and thus subject said fish to ammonia. That is a cruel and unnecessary way to cycle an aquarium. Fish in ammonia-laden water will be subjected to permanent scarring of their gills also known as ammonia burn.

If you're using "used bio" you shouldn't have any need to add a fish to assist with the cycle. For all that matters, just add a small amount of straight ammonia to the system along with the bio material and you will have your tank cycled without the use of live rock (which I assume is what you're wanting to do).

You could have avoided all this by simply stating, "Looking for large fish for 750-gallon system."

SPS fanatic.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:15 PM

Virual is on a distinguished road

I find it funny that people say I am cruel for using a fish to cycle my tank, but most people are buying cyanide caught fish but that's ok that your promoting the poisoning of fish so you can save a few dollars. If people were really conserend about the health of there fish then they need to do some research and stop promoting cyanide caught fish.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Please refrain from advertising fish here please.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:45 PM

I find it funny that people say I am cruel for using a fish to cycle my tank, but most people are buying cyanide caught fish but that's ok that your promoting the poisoning of fish so you can save a few dollars. If people were really conserend about the health of there fish then they need to do some research and stop promoting cyanide caught fish.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:13 AM

monocus is on a distinguished road
Default fish

i have a bat fish you could have.really good herbivore-better than a tang
Old 04-06-2014, 02:29 AM
On Hiatus

gregzz4 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virual View Post
I find it funny that you could have saved yourself a whole lot of grief by posting your thread correctly ...
If you only wanted large fish to "keep" your cycle alive, why didn't you just post that, instead of offending a whole bunch of us with info that leads us to believe that you will be subjecting fish to an ammonia cycle ?

You say you know how to run large tanks, and plan on running a wholesale outfit ... so why are you posting on a small forum to start with ?

Are you even allowed to post this info here ?

And if you're planning on starting a wholesale outfit, why are you recruiting us when any small/or larger business should be able to start itself without our help in the first place ?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole idea here, but I don't like someone coming on here, bypassing the forum rules for vendors, and stating whatever they like

Bah
Old 04-06-2014, 03:06 AM

Thanks everyone for your positive input
Fish Found
Please Close This Thread
Old 04-06-2014, 03:13 AM

Slyguy00 is on a distinguished road

Lol im not convinced
Old 04-06-2014, 03:31 AM

rynoe is on a distinguished road

This thread should provide some useful info for the member doing the study on forums.