Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-10-2014, 05:45 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insguy View Post
You need to advise your insurance company that you were in an accident. Even if the third party doesn't make a claim on what you hit you want your insurance to know. Reason why would be for your protection, there are lots of claims like this one where the third party will tell the insured (you) that he won't make a claim. A couple weeks latter the insurance company get a bill for something that they know nothing about. Normally way more that what would have to be paid. If the insurance company had a record of the pending claim they would have some place to start. THey would have a good idea of what is going on.

Your insurance rates won't go up until the insurance company pays out money.
Thanks for pointing that out. Yah I heard about such incidents where the owner said that no claim is needed but later made claims and stuffs. But the car owner is a very good friend of mine and he won't do that without discussing with me since I am the insured.

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob
Old 02-10-2014, 05:00 PM

GROPP is on a distinguished road

Not sure how the insurance company's work out there compared to icbc here, the initial claim will cover paint costs and the repair or replace costs to the related damage so if it is just a scratch not actual damage that you caused,the paint cost is already covered from the first accident. I wouldn't worry about it, also with icbc you have up to two years to get the repairs done after the claim date, after that it's too late. Again that's icbc insurance, not all private insurances have the same guidelines