Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 10-26-2013, 01:15 PM

Prariecanuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by asylumdown View Post
Holy crap man! As others have said, you're concentration skills must rival that of a monk if you're going to able to get any work done at that desk!

You've made incredible progress, it's looking outstanding. Question - why don't you want other corals? That would make a sweeeeeet reef.

As for your macro question... I'm afraid that you're probably out of luck with those tangs in there. There probably aren't many in existence that they won't at least nibble. Trapped in a box with them, that would likely spell doom for most macros that you'd actually want to keep (it's always the algae you don't want that tangs won't touch).
The reason no other corals is I'm wanting angels(got 1 this week) and maybe a butterfly or two so corals are out.
As for the macros I was kinda thinking that, ill be setting up a refugium in the sump anyways
Thanks
Old 10-26-2013, 04:48 PM

asylumdown is on a distinguished road

With a tank that size I bet you could get away with it. I've seen tons of 'award winning' level reef tanks (with both SPS and LPS) that have been stocked with angels and butterflies of various species. The trick I think is to have enough coral for no one colony to get overly harassed.

Whatever you do, it's going to be awesome.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:01 PM

Prariecanuck is on a distinguished road

Been a while since an update. Tanks going good i added a few new fish and have a bit of red slime algae I think it's because of the new sand added.
I have one thing I'd like opinions on and that is that I have a coral beauty about 3 inches long and I'd like to add more dwarf I'd like a flame, bi colour and a elibi what are people's thoughs on aggression will this work or will it be ww3 in there.