Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 07-24-2004, 10:57 PM

hawk is on a distinguished road
Default Aquacontroller users, Help

Hi, I'm trying to set up the pager feature on the Aquacontroller2 with Aqanotes3, but I can't get it to work.On the pager set-up page the modem init string of AT&D2(the default) which according to the instructions should work for most modems does not work for mine. MY internal modem is a HAMR56k, I also have Telus ADSL with a D-Link, DSL-300G modem. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-25-2004, 04:30 AM

reefhawk is on a distinguished road
Default while we are on the subject

does a controller really save any maintenance time? What are the advantages. I think I would be better offwith a controller rather than spending on a chiller i only use two months of the year. How easy/hard are they to use? I have read lots of manuals and product pages but would be interested in hearing form people who actually use tnem. I never see them for sale used. Does this mean everyone who buys them never sells them or no one really uses them? hope i am not breaching some ettiquette here by jumping someones topic. Just curious.
180g 33g sump 78g refugium triple 250w m/h & 4 flourescents on timers 2 seaclone 150 skimmers 1 redsea classic 2 250 w heaters calcium reactor. 200lbs lr Argonite dsb Corals - cracker acroporas birdsnest frags 2 torchs large moon, open brain large colt, galaxy, 3 yellow toadstools pulsing xenia buttons mushrooms polyps 2 lta\'s 2 orange sponges beautiful blue pipe sponge 4 feather dusters crabs & snails
3 cleaner 1 coral banded shrimp shrimp 2 massive scutus 8 green chromis 2 percula 1 skunk clown spotted mandarin goby lawnmower blennie golden face sandsifter gobie watchman gobie yellow tang reefhawk blue devil coral beauty royal gramma blue striped brittle star.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:06 AM

hawk is on a distinguished road

I bought a controller for several reasons.
-to monitor and control ph after setting up a calcium reactor.
-I was using dial type timers that never seemed to work consistantly and became fed up with them. On/off functions with the controller so far have worked flawlessly and very easy to change.
-But the biggest reason I wanted one, was to be alerted when an alarm goes off. I have it set to send my cell phone an email if there is a alarm condition.
I have been using the controller for about a month and have had no problems with it. I have only started using the Aquanotes program the past few days, so besides the email notification I haven't used most of the features yet. Some of the features are, tank and livestock databases, tank condition logs and graphs,notebook, remote access,etc. There is also a wave feature that I have yet to use. What I learned before I bought mine was, the more you use it the more things you will think of, that it can used for. So far I'm pretty impressed.