Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 06-19-2013, 09:03 PM

Rogue951 is on a distinguished road

It nuked a colony of sps I sold to OP. He said in the span of a day(hours?) coral went from my tank and healthy to white. After dip.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:04 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

There is a thread on rc about the rps all out. Pretty interesting but again dip cut and reglue on frag plugs is probably the best practice besides a quarantine tank.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 06-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bblinks View Post
dip cut and reglue on frag plugs is probably the best practice besides a quarantine tank.
Agreed.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:05 PM

Bblinks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue951 View Post
It nuked a colony of sps I sold to OP. He said in the span of a day(hours?) coral went from my tank and healthy to white. After dip.
Ask him again.

300DD - 140DD

TOTM Fall 2013
Old 06-19-2013, 09:48 PM

mikepclo is on a distinguished road

Let's get back to topic here. This thread is a heads up on a dirty seller not dipping. And I thought members would appreciate this but guess not...

Another warning! Do not post warning regarding dirty sellers as you will get comments like this:

Take responsibility as a consumer and practice safe fragging. If you contaminate your tank, it's your own fault.

So selling dirty corals is ok on this forum? By your comments here and on other warning on the another thread that makes it seem like you don't find any immoral issues here. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's what you come off ass. Oopps I mean "as".

Yes buyers beware as many pest out there and we should all dip our corals but there's a difference between a seller knowing or not knowing that their corals are infected. Dirty sellers do have responsibility as they would careless if they crash and spread other members tanks for profit. But than again I could be wrong again as I'm new here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Another warning. Every coral frag you buy from any source can and likely does have some sort of pest on it. If you do not dip your corals, you WILL infect your tank eventually. Take responsibility as a consumer and practice safe fragging. If you contaminate your tank, it's your own fault.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:49 PM

mikepclo is on a distinguished road

I read a review on reef central that it did not kill AEFW eggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoaelite View Post
I didn't think any dip currently on the market killed the eggs of this species?
Old 06-19-2013, 09:52 PM

Zoaelite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepclo View Post
Yes buyers beware as many pest out there and we should all dip our corals but there's a difference between a seller knowing or not knowing that their corals are infected. Dirty sellers do have responsibility as they would careless if they crash and spread other members tanks for profit. But than again I could be wrong again as I'm new here.
I see both sides, Brad speaks the truth even if he is blunt about it. That being said as a community these posts are appreciated, informing the community is THE best form of quarantine out there.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:55 PM
Gold Member

Tn23 is on a distinguished road

I think mike is just simply trying to give everyone a heads up and warn some of the newer members which may not have as much experience. I am sure no one wants go and buy frags which contain AEFW, and if they did at least have the seller let the buyer know so they can be aware.

Thanks Mike, appreciate the warning
Old 06-19-2013, 09:59 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepclo View Post

So selling dirty corals is ok on this forum? By your comments here and on other warning on the another thread that makes it seem like you don't find any immoral issues here. Correct me if I'm wrong but that's what you come off ass. Oopps I mean "as".

No, what I'm saying is that you should consider all frags "dirty". I have contacted the seller you reference and asked that he clarify in his post. If he knows about it and is trying to flog them anyway, especially at a premium price, his account won't work much longer.
Moral issues aside, I find that as a consumer of frags, I NEED to make sure I practice due diligence on my own, and not trust any seller. That's the only way to ensure my tank stays pest free. Which is why I posted. It's important to make that distinction, as trusting someone's morality is going to end with your tank infected. So if the corals are infected, treat them. It's easy. And they are nice pieces. There's no need to go blasting someone publicly, especially if you personally have not been involved.

If there are concerns like that, contact one of the staff, and we'll look into it. I see no problem selling them if it's declared. If he's trying to minimize his own losses by lying, then I'm all over him and he's gone.

Just trust me on this, it's a bigger issue than some guy selling frags. One vendor I know of is probably singlehandedly responsible for all the red bugs in western Canada. No, not naming names. Everyone needs to treat their frags. Period.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoaelite View Post
I see both sides, Brad speaks the truth even if he is blunt about it.
I think the term was ass