Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Banned

gobytron is an unknown quantity at this point

Pm'd.

I have a 12 gallon aquapod that is up and running (established for 6 years) with a stand.

It has LR in display, LR rubble in "sump" LS, Hydor deflector, theo 50 watt heater, MJ 900 pump and a Koralia 1.

If you'd like the whole shebang, or any of the components, let me know.

I just lost my dad at 67 to a very aggressive form of cancer over Christmas.

The little things can become very important to those who's big picture is bleak.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:59 PM

Jakegr is on a distinguished road

I dropped off a couple of mushroom colonies and some Halymenia macro algae (Dragons breath) last night at Anthony's. Also a container of Spectrum pellets. It was great meeting you!

Perhaps we should create a running live stock/equipment/supplies list in post #1 so we know what is needed?

Last edited by Jakegr; 05-28-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:03 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakegr View Post
I dropped off a couple of mushroom colonies and some Halymenia macro algae (Dragons breath) last night at Anthony's. Also a container of Spectrum pellets. It was great meeting you!

Perhaps we should create a running live stock/equipment/supplies list in post #1 so we know what is needed?
I've created a spreadsheet with a list of donators & donations (nice meeting you and your gf last night btw), but only mods & admin can edit old posts.

I am picking up the tank & stand on Friday and by early next week I will have a better idea of exactly what else is needed. I will post on this thread the "running total" but it will have to be continuously posted since editing is not an option.

If anybody has an ATO available or for sale, please let me know. An enclosed Biocube should not lose too much water to evaporation but looking to minimize daily maintenance requirements for Jasper and his family.

Sincerely,

Anthony
Old 05-31-2013, 02:06 AM

Solo7319 is on a distinguished road
Default Message from Jasper

Hello, I’m Jasper, the teen who this aquarium project is for.

I’m blown away that you guys would spend so much time and money helping someone who you’ve never met. It’s really amazing to see such generosity.

‘Seahorse_fanatic’ asked me to compile a list of some of our favorite fish so me and my parents had a fun time talking about it. My mom’s all-time-favorite-fish is the Mandarin Goby. She used to work at the Vancouver Aquarium and got attached to the goby there. All three of us agree it’s a beautiful fish, but we read they can be hard to keep in captivity. My dad is a clownfish fan; if he got one he would name it “Omen” (Nemo backwards). We saw both the Royal Gramma and the Yellow-tailed Damselfish mentioned on one of the threads as possibilities. They both looked really nice. Plus, I love the idea of having little hermit crabs in there as well.

Again, I can’t believe the amazing support from this community.

Thanks guys,

Jasper

P.S. If you would like updates on my journey through life you can follow me on twitter @solo7319 or on my blog; www.jasperupdates.tumblr.com
Old 05-31-2013, 05:32 AM
Gold Member

Great to hear from you Jasper. Awesome to see that you've joined the Canreef community. BTW, my friend Scott Tang wanted me to let you know that he's got a black clown which his mom also named Omen No joke.

BTW, there are a lot of other reefers & aquarists on BCAquaria who would also love to hear from you. I copied your Intro post from here onto that thread for now.

Keep up the fight Jasper.

Anthony
Old 05-31-2013, 05:36 AM
Gold Member

BTW, as per the Mandarin Goby fav. fish, I will try my best to find one that is already living in captivity and buy it from the person. I know a friend who very recently bought an established one and I'll ask her.

Otherwise, I can buy one from J&L and try to train it for you and maybe make a second trip to Powell River (yeah, another 10 hours and four ferries round trip) later in the summer to bring it up. Or even pass it onto you guys if you are ever passing through Greater Vancouver.

Either way, I will do my best to get you your favourite fish. Promise.

Anthony
Old 05-31-2013, 05:50 AM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road

Jasper, dude! Great to have you here kiddo!

We're thrilled to have you join one of our greatest pleasures. I hope it will be one of yours as well!

If you see anything that you're interested in, keep us posted and I'm sure we can help you out. And, since you're about to get a crash course in saltwater tanks, if you ever have questions about the tank or need help, we're all here to help each other and you.

By the way... I'm jealous you got to go hang gliding. That's pretty cool. Not as cool as a battle-badger though...
Old 05-31-2013, 05:51 AM

Cracken is on a distinguished road

What your doing speaks worlds of all of you. I also have 2 small kids 4 and 5 and would love to donate the refractor as I could send it on greyhound or fed ex. Pls let me know. God bless.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:01 AM
Gold Member

Jasper,

My friend Claudia from BCA has very generously agreed to let me buy her little Mandarin goby that has been living in someone else's tank for many months before he shut down. So I'll be bringing up a Mandarin goby for you Jasper. Tell your MOM

(If anybody hears of another Mandarin for sale, let me know cause I promised to replace Claudia's goby)

Cracken, you have pm.

Anthony
Old 05-31-2013, 01:05 PM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

Welcome aboard Jasper