Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 05-13-2013, 06:01 PM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Thanks Tony! I was pretty discouraged as I've bought 7 wrasses over the past couple of months and only have 2 swimming around. One jumped, one looked like it rubbed or got stuck on a rock and died. The other 3 just disappeared (until last night). So, I won't give up on them yet.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:41 PM

TimT is on a distinguished road

Wrasses are kinda funny in that they go through jet lag and take up to 3-4 weeks to adapt to a new time zone. This is especially true if you get them when they just arrive to the stores.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:56 PM

sunoka is on a distinguished road
Default jet lag

When I bought my leopard 6 years ago it was on Philippian time still up at night eventually she changed to the time zone but for the first 2 weeks I didn`t see her and now she is changing sex to a male...pictures of her/him before and now in this form Marine Fish.I am picking up a female now at the end of the month so I expect to go through this again.....

Last edited by sunoka; 05-13-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:44 AM

HaZRaTTy is on a distinguished road

Another story for you, I had a Green Wrasse and Mysteri Wrasse the Green was added before the Mysteri both around the same size. They were in my 120G. I never saw the Mysteri for the first 5-6 months only zipping in and out to feed and the odd swim around I had seen some aggression and chasing around by the green wrasse.

Since I have had got rid of the green wrasse to a new 400G home the Mysteri wrasse is out swimming around and my favorite fish again.

So I guess is there anything bugging it?
Old 05-15-2013, 03:07 AM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimT View Post
Wrasses are kinda funny in that they go through jet lag and take up to 3-4 weeks to adapt to a new time zone. This is especially true if you get them when they just arrive to the stores.
Ya that's understandable. I was going to leave them in the store and pick them up a week later but I decided not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunoka View Post
When I bought my leopard 6 years ago it was on Philippian time still up at night eventually she changed to the time zone but for the first 2 weeks I didn`t see her and now she is changing sex to a male...pictures of her/him before and now in this form Marine Fish.I am picking up a female now at the end of the month so I expect to go through this again.....
I saw that thread, pretty cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaZRaTTy View Post
Another story for you, I had a Green Wrasse and Mysteri Wrasse the Green was added before the Mysteri both around the same size. They were in my 120G. I never saw the Mysteri for the first 5-6 months only zipping in and out to feed and the odd swim around I had seen some aggression and chasing around by the green wrasse.

Since I have had got rid of the green wrasse to a new 400G home the Mysteri wrasse is out swimming around and my favorite fish again.

So I guess is there anything bugging it?
I figured out where it's hiding, right beside my rbta. I have 4 clowns that take turns in it and I did see one give it a bit of a chase.

I'm feeding heavy as it is quite thin. It came out right away and checking now, he's staying out He also seems a bit more comfortable around the other fish, no one is picking on him.

Now to wait on the other lubbocks.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:04 AM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
I figured out where it's hiding, right beside my rbta. I have 4 clowns that take turns in it and I did see one give it a bit of a chase.

I'm feeding heavy as it is quite thin. It came out right away and checking now, he's staying out He also seems a bit more comfortable around the other fish, no one is picking on him.

Now to wait on the other lubbocks.
You should thank you clown for the chase

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob