Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 03-03-2013, 06:58 AM

fireguy98 is on a distinguished road

Thought I would post a update. Tank is still not fully set up. Had some issues with my stand and needed to have it repaired so livestock is still in the brute everything seems to be okay nothing dead can't see any signes of stress so I'm hoping mid day tomorrow I can put them all back in the tank.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-03-2013, 09:38 PM

duncangweller is on a distinguished road

I'm moving end of the month too so I've been following this closely. I had to move ny tank a few months ago and now I have to do it all over again.

Although this time I have bought a place so I'll be there for a wee while I hope.

Keep on with the updates.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-03-2013, 11:26 PM

This move has been anything but smooth. Even with all my planning I still had some issues come up that I didn't foresee.
I did end up buying all new sand and god i'm glad I did. Fish are still in the brute but there is nothing I can do about that they seem fine water parameters are good so far. Hopefully tonight I can transfer them back into the tank. I'll post once they are back in there home.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:05 AM

Finally I have my livestock back in the tank. I did loose two cardinals though but I'm not going to beat myself up over it I did the best I could. I was extremely happy to see my clowns made it through no problem. Wrasse looks stressed out. Blennie seens okay. Goby ok. shrimps no problems. Nems seem okay they are open and bubbled up. Surviving cardinal is good. I think the other two got crushed by a rock. So lessons learned are always have lots of heated tank water. Aquire lots of 5 gallon buckets to move water around. extra carbon is good have and prime on hand if needed. Replace your sand bed. Since your moving the tank give it a good scrub I did and am very glad I did. Soak your pumps in a vinegar solution while they are out of the tank. Have a stack of towels on hand you'll need them. Take a picture of your aqua scape before you brake it down.ect ect ect. Biggest thing take your time go slow think 5 steps ahead of yourself. If it goes sideways like my move did just adapt. My livestock spent a total of 4 days in a 45 gallon Brute can with all my rock and corals. I used a powerhead and a heater that I calibrated before the move. 3 days would have been fine 4 was pushing it.
Its 2 AM so time for bed.