Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Filtration and Skimmer Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2013, 03:31 AM

swimfan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_dao View Post
There's a huge dropout in the capability of a mega-sized skimmer, such as what you're looking for, to work on a system significantly below its rating (I.E. your system).

How soon do you plan to upgrade?

My apologies I wasn't very clear of the set up. I currently have a 75 gallon with roughly 90lbs of live rock and a remora pro skimmer, has a medium bio load I will call that tank 1

Tank 2 is running right now it is an oddball size(aquarium calculator says it 115) It is going to become the sump to the 225, when it is ready, it has about a 150lbs of live rock in it plus basic of equipment. No livestock other than Copepods

Tank 3 is going to be the display tank. It is a 225 gallon freshwater(still running) with its own freshwater sump. my plan was to drain it in the very near future, refill it with saltwater, switch the drain lines from its freshwater sump to tank 2, let it acclimate, and when the parameters are good move the inhabitants and rock from tank 1 into the 225 and have just one saltwater tank roughly 325 -340 gallons of water. The initial bio load will be small, but want a skimmer that will accommodate my addiction, which slowly will become a medium to heavy bio load. Hoping to nail it and get the right skimmer now, so I don't have to buy another one for a long time

I apologize for such the long explanation, but really appreciate all of your input or criticism.

Just need the skimmer, last critical component I need. Was going to drain the 225, refill with fresh salt water mix and run it into tank 2(