Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 01-03-2013, 07:39 PM

Arok3000 is on a distinguished road

On the front page, under members birthdays. You're actually the only one listed today.

Happy Birthday!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:14 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

looks great Josh! So what's your bday present to yourself? :-)
Old 01-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

All I'd do is remove that top rock so your sticks have room to stretch out otherwise looks great.

I know all about building when budget allows. But you still need a few jackasses on you throughout the process to liven things up =)
Old 01-03-2013, 09:35 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arok3000 View Post
On the front page, under members birthdays. You're actually the only one listed today.

Happy Birthday!
Ah! The one part of the site I rarely see or check on.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
looks great Josh! So what's your bday present to yourself? :-)
Thanks. I'm not really sure. I still need to get my skimmer and lights, and a bottle of Zeostart3 so I can start the cycle. I will likely swing by Concept tonight after work and see what they have kicking around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
All I'd do is remove that top rock so your sticks have room to stretch out otherwise looks great.

I know all about building when budget allows. But you still need a few jackasses on you throughout the process to liven things up =)

See I was thinking about moving that rock, but I really don't have anywhere else in the tank to put it. I like having that canyon-esque looking between the left rock and the right, so bridging that isn't really an option. I suppose I could toss it into the sump, but that one rock would fill my entire fuge area. haha I might try it tonight, see what it looks like.

I'm always up for some jackassing. Hmmm wrong wording?

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 01-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
See I was thinking about moving that rock, but I really don't have anywhere else in the tank to put it.
When I got my nano setup I promptly threw out half the rock. You don't always need to put it somewhere. Toss it or sell it. I'm not a fan of rock in sumps. I used to do this but it traps stuff.

I saved one piece which I smash with a hammer if I need a rubble piece to attach something to.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
When I got my nano setup I promptly threw out half the rock. You don't always need to put it somewhere. Toss it or sell it. I'm not a fan of rock in sumps. I used to do this but it traps stuff.

I saved one piece which I smash with a hammer if I need a rubble piece to attach something to.
I can't toss it.. haha The thing is, if I move it, there really isn't much of a "frag mounting base" there. That rock is perched across 3 others so it leaves a big open space kind of.

I'll figure out what I like sooner or later.. right now though I'm driving myself crazy trying to make a final decision on a skimmer purchase.. As soon as I THINK I know which skimmer I want, I change my mind and start looking again or doubting whether I would be happy with X or Y purchase..

I either stick with my Bubble Magus NAC6 for a bit and purchase my lights (which I'm also back and forth on, ATI PM T5s or LEDs.. haha)... or....

- RLSS RS8i
- Reef Octopus XP 2000sss
- ATI Powercone I-series 200 (just added to the list today, but almost BK $$$ for something new and relatively untested)
- BK Mini 160 (not really, but it crosses my mind once in a while.. haha If i found one used in Canada I probably would bite)

Everything else on this build I had so well planned out what I wanted, now I'm sooo indecisive on the Lights and Skimmer (obviously 2 important parts of a reef).

Arrrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhh!

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 01-05-2013, 12:31 AM

freezetyle is on a distinguished road

what about one the the new Vertex omega skimmers? or were you hoping to keep the skimmer pump inside the body?
Old 01-05-2013, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezetyle View Post
what about one the the new Vertex omega skimmers? or were you hoping to keep the skimmer pump inside the body?
I like the idea of the pump being in the body. Especially if I am going to be having a GFO/Carbon reactor(s) running in the sump as well. Just saves a bit more space.

Plus I went out tonight and did some birthday shopping for myself. Picked up the following goodies.

Going to try the probidio products on this tank.

Vertex 1.5 Reactor, likely for GFO:

Reef Octopus XP-2000sss

The reason why I went with the Reef Octopus is pretty simple. It's the one that was in stock tonight. I told myself before I went in the shop that I was going to end my headaches and come home with a skimmer tonight. Canadian Customs made it really easy to choose as the Concepts RLSS skimmer shipment was being held at Customs for whatever reason and the Reef Octopus Skimmers arrived yesterday. I didn't feel the XP-1000sss was rated high enough for my system, so I went with the XP-2000sss which has a very similar Air draw as the RS6i (900+ lph). Also just realized I said RS8i above, I meant RS6i.

I am happy with it so far. The build quality is really nice, I like the Reef Octopus pumps and this is a very quiet skimmer.

Time to get this tank on the road to glory!

Old 01-15-2013, 07:13 PM

While I was at Concept last night talking to the guys about my 180G issues and to get a few test results on my water I ended up walking out with one of these.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:38 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
While I was at Concept last night talking to the guys about my 180G issues and to get a few test results on my water I ended up walking out with one of these.

cant wait to see that bad boy over your tank josh , your fish are gonna need sunglasses as well lol :P:P

cheers buddy

denny