Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 12-18-2012, 06:05 AM

chatyak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
you could easily put the pipe in the open position and add a gate valve if you wanted then you could have quick access to throttle or close the valve and still be able to fine tune it.
So it is really the same as the output on this picture, except vertical?

Is it easy to make very small adjustments or does the pipe turn too fast? I'm not too handy so I wouldn't know how to add a gate valve.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:15 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

for the rlss its a 180 degree turn to either open it or close it , so the tuning is fast but hard to pin point. the pipe its self turns easily

the skimz is going to take alot of full 360 degree turns so can easily be tuned,but slower on the off and on, the handle is also easier to use then the pipe of the rlss which is often covered in salt or something anyways lol
Old 12-18-2012, 06:22 AM

chatyak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
for the rlss its a 180 degree turn to either open it or close it , so the tuning is fast but hard to pin point. the pipe its self turns easily

the skimz is going to take alot of full 360 degree turns so can easily be tuned,but slower on the off and on, the handle is also easier to use then the pipe of the rlss which is often covered in salt or something anyways lol
I'm at a loss for which... am I allowed to post links here? Does anyone have experience with one of the CAN Vendors for the rlss - they only want $350 - but the site looks dodgy with no address etc..

I wonder how much the shape of the skimmer plays a role - the curved rlss versus the cylinder-to-curved skimz.