Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 10-24-2012, 06:53 PM

Leach29 is on a distinguished road

I would be in for $50-$100 also if his site gets updated.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:58 PM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

I think we are already in free shipping zone; given that he updates the site

I will see what can be done to get the site updated.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:25 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
You came back...and then you go and post this.
What?? What did I say?!

I think that it is important for those who have not dealt with Burc in the past to know and understand the risks associated with dealing with him. A lot of people speak from personal experience so the accounts are true. Once you know and understand the risks, it is up to the individual to decide if it is worth it to them. I have dealt with Burc on a few occasions, both good and bad. I know the risks yet I am willing to have a go at it with the group in the hopes of scoring some inexpensive 'nems for my Maxi Pad!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:43 PM

Seth81 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kien View Post
What?? What did I say?!

I think that it is important for those who have not dealt with Burc in the past to know and understand the risks associated with dealing with him. A lot of people speak from personal experience so the accounts are true. Once you know and understand the risks, it is up to the individual to decide if it is worth it to them. I have dealt with Burc on a few occasions, both good and bad. I know the risks yet I am willing to have a go at it with the group in the hopes of scoring some inexpensive 'nems for my Maxi Pad!

Yeah I did a big order with him and he shorted me and substituted, never returned phone calls or emails. But I did get some pieces I have never seen in stores or available online. So I am goinging to this fully expecting that I will get somewhat screwed over.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:48 PM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth81 View Post
Yeah I did a big order with him and he shorted me and substituted, never returned phone calls or emails. But I did get some pieces I have never seen in stores or available online. So I am goinging to this fully expecting that I will get somewhat screwed over.
This is the reason I am going to select $10 frags. Even if he sends substitutes, there won't be anything which has less value than my choice; it will either be more or be of equal value :P
Old 10-24-2012, 09:17 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road

It's like buying a pack of hockey cards. You buy a pack and hope you get the card you need, but sometimes you get duplicates of what you already have. So you buy another pack of hockey cards over and over hoping that one day it will have the one card you have been looking for.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:31 PM
Nano Bubble Lover

soapy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
This vendor is not a site sponsor, and in fact, is barely tolerated here. He doesn't get to post a list.
Oops my bad, I forgot about that, sorry.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:59 PM

lockrookie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
use your bathtub for holding the corals thats what we do , fill your tub and throw in a heater and your good to go , some corals could stay there for days and its not needed space.
Um dude I hope you have a second tub or things can get ripe in a few days....just sayin lol

Sent from my porcelain aquarium

50g custom daycare tank...
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65428
Old 10-24-2012, 11:01 PM

molotov is on a distinguished road

If Denny spearheaded the order I'd be in for two or three hundred. My concern is with this many people in on an order of this size, how will I know I'm getting the corals I ordered. Some show up all browned out, and some are unidentifiable after shipping.

What if three people order the same piece and one is DOA? Then who's out the dead coral?

Also if we're placing this big of an order I'm sure Burc would throw in a few extra pieces. Who would get those? I mean he's probably looking at an order over a grand so I"m sure he'll spend the time to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible. I guess if Denny can organize it I wouldn't have a problem with him getting the kickbacks. I've bought quite a few pieces off Denny and I trust my order of $200-$300 in his hands for sure. He's probably the most capable of unpacking/caring for the corals and holding them for sure!!!!!

I dunno....Denny what do you think?
Old 10-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Follows the rules!

Coasting is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by molotov View Post
If Denny spearheaded the order I'd be in for two or three hundred. My concern is with this many people in on an order of this size, how will I know I'm getting the corals I ordered. Some show up all browned out, and some are unidentifiable after shipping.

What if three people order the same piece and one is DOA? Then who's out the dead coral?

Also if we're placing this big of an order I'm sure Burc would throw in a few extra pieces. Who would get those? I mean he's probably looking at an order over a grand so I"m sure he'll spend the time to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible. I guess if Denny can organize it I wouldn't have a problem with him getting the kickbacks. I've bought quite a few pieces off Denny and I trust my order of $200-$300 in his hands for sure. He's probably the most capable of unpacking/caring for the corals and holding them for sure!!!!!

I dunno....Denny what do you think?
He doesnt stick 100 coral in a bag and send it off like that. Each coral is bagged on its own, and all the coral belonging to 1 persons order gets put in a bag with their name. So the box will have numerous bags that have names on them.