Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 10-02-2012, 09:32 PM

badfish! is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to badfish!

I have the ecoray 60d leds and hate them, they were not dimable (the new ones are), I had them hanging basically at ceiling height and they still burned my corals (except for the things at the bottom of the tank). I also have the maxspect mazzeras and they are dimable, I havent had any issues with too much light with them, but I still havent figured out how to program them (I got them second hand, so they are still set to the previous owners settings). I agree with Marko though, the ability to be able to upgrade is hugely important.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:08 PM

Norstar is on a distinguished road

Anyone know if the AI Vega Blue is better than the AI Vega Colour for growing coral?
Old 10-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
I haven't seen that fixture in person but I have a hard time understanding how color blending would be considered better than something like a Radion. Am I missing something?
You know what, I don't know how to explain it. I know that the clustering from the Radion gives very good color blending. I'm thinking its the multiple fixture side of the Radion that I tend to have found giving some disco where they overlap. I think there is a greater risk of this when we put red led's in the fixture. The new Orphek was very clean looking (although it too had red) and also didn't seem to have as fast a "flicker" to the shimmer as the Radions either. The new Atlantic uses a different kind of convex lens, similar to those found on large multi-chips although I couldn't tell you if it was glass or acrylic. As always, YMMV and individuals have different opinions on LED's.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:20 PM

mikeclarke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt2Death View Post
It's an under dog and no one seems to talk about them, but the Sunbright F series is honestly sensational. It's not modular so that's it's on draw back, but in its favor it has:
Thin super light fixture (sexy)
Red, Green, Blue, Purple, White, and UV LEDs to give it a much better range of depths in your corals!
WiFi controller via smart phone (no extra charge controllers)
SUPER BRIGHT, at 80% I'm bleaching coral..
All the bells n whistles ie, thunderstorm modes, ramp up n down, each color controllable individually and endless ways to set up the lights as you want.

Just a thought, just an opinion.
(brighter than ai sols)

Talk to Ray @ Reef Supplies, amazing customer service as well!

Sent Via The Pirate Ship...

I agree. I love my 72" Sunbrite and Ray is awesome to deal with.