Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 10:35 PM

pseudonym is on a distinguished road
Default Why the hell do people buy clown fish!??? Big problems with mine.

Hey all.. well, I am having a problem I never expected to encounter. I have two orange skunk clownfish. They are supposed to be the most passive and community of the clown fish. Problem is, I think they have already killed one of my Atlantic Blue Tangs and the other is looking to be in bad shape. Scars, fins in tatters, the whole bit.

I am honestly wanting to take these little ****ers out and stomp on them I am so mad. NEVER will I buy a clown fish again. Horrible, awful creatures. Sorry to those of you who love them, but after they killed my favourite fish, I will only like the things if they are on a plate in front of me for dinner.

Any suggestions for getting them out without breaking down the entire tank? Also, if anyone wants them, take them. I don't even want to put them in the fuge I am so ****ed off.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:48 PM

badfish! is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to badfish!

I have a stonefish that would be happy to have them as supper- I mean tankmates
Old 09-20-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish! View Post
I have a stonefish that would be happy to have them as supper- I mean tankmates
At this point.. I think that would be too quick. JK, I do want them to have a nice home. They are my little guys and I do love them (just don't love what they do). However, in the end I would rather they be food than flushed or "disposed of".
Old 09-20-2012, 11:21 PM

MarkoD is on a distinguished road

What size tank do you have?
Old 09-20-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoD View Post
What size tank do you have?
29 breeder right now. The tangs are very small juveniles waiting to grow a bit to be transferred to the 90.

Well.. it appears the one Atlantic Blue isn't the only victim. They also killed Oliver, my favourite Spotted Mandarin.

I can't express how much I hate clownfish right now.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:39 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

clowns are damsels , everyone thinks they are nice fish but in truth they are territorial as hell just like any other damsel fish.......i hate clownfish lol
Old 09-20-2012, 11:45 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

I love clowns, but yes, horrible awful creatures
Old 09-20-2012, 11:47 PM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

You roll the dice with any fish, many stories out there of "peaceful" fish being the most aggressive in the tank. I've always had clowns in all my tanks without issue but you never know what will happen anytime new livestock is added. I find clowns are really inquisative so to catch them in a stocked tank I've had sucess by leaving a net in the tank for awhile till they start checking it out and then go after them.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intarsiabox View Post
You roll the dice with any fish, many stories out there of "peaceful" fish being the most aggressive in the tank. I've always had clowns in all my tanks without issue but you never know what will happen anytime new livestock is added. I find clowns are really inquisative so to catch them in a stocked tank I've had sucess by leaving a net in the tank for awhile till they start checking it out and then go after them.

Well.. I am literally sitting here with tears streaming down my face. I had to almost completely destroy the tank to get those little ****ing *******s out. The rock will not fit back in.. the coral.. I have no idea what will survive now. at least two of the sea stars went out of the water, so they are likely going to die now. Hopefully my noids will be okay, but with the movement and all that ****, I doubt it.

I am so upset right now I really can't express it...
Old 09-21-2012, 12:08 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonym View Post
Well.. I am literally sitting here with tears streaming down my face. I had to almost completely destroy the tank to get those little ****ing *******s out. The rock will not fit back in.. the coral.. I have no idea what will survive now. at least two of the sea stars went out of the water, so they are likely going to die now. Hopefully my noids will be okay, but with the movement and all that ****, I doubt it.

I am so upset right now I really can't express it...
I am really sorry to hear that. I've been down that road once before when I had to get a yellow tank out of an established tank as it went nuts and started stabbing all my fish. I had to take out almost all of my rock and hardly any of the fish survived their injuries.
Closed Thread