Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-03-2012, 07:55 PM

Nano is on a distinguished road

those are just the reviews on site as well, I would look further then just a distributor for reviews.. Again I dont want to sound like a prude, but if you can't gather evidence of it being functional and well suited for a reef tank, then I wouldn't even think about it just to save a couple $ cause if it doesnt work the way you need it to (and personally I am skeptical that it will) then you are out $

Not worth the risk to me
Old 05-04-2012, 12:21 AM

RuGlu6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano View Post
those are just the reviews on site as well, I would look further then just a distributor for reviews.. Again I dont want to sound like a prude, but if you can't gather evidence of it being functional and well suited for a reef tank, then I wouldn't even think about it just to save a couple $ cause if it doesnt work the way you need it to (and personally I am skeptical that it will) then you are out $

Not worth the risk to me
Well i cant agree more, this is exactly why i started this thread to get help from people like you in finding good reports/reviews on this product.
There is no any other reviews anywhere yet, hopefully people will post more in time.
So why don't you help us all and let us know if you see anything interesting...?

Having said that, Aquatreaders are posting negative reviews as well as positive so at least they are not cherry picking yet.
I am not anywhere near ordering one for myself though i am interested to see how this will progress.

Also for FOWLR and softies these LEDs look very attractive for $269 for Quad or $159 with free shipping don't you agree?
Old 05-04-2012, 12:37 AM

Nano is on a distinguished road

Well yes but the real question is life span and quality of the LEDs sure they are 3x but look at the rap marinelands getting for LEDs burning out or flickering, and they are a "decent" Brand(I say that with remorse)
I would definitely like to see some reviews more then what is posted on distributors websites as well, as like I said, I am skeptical that the quality is there, but if it is, then right on, moght buy one for a fuge light to kick the 15w CFL I am using

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuGlu6 View Post
Well i cant agree more, this is exactly why i started this thread to get help from people like you in finding good reports/reviews on this product.
There is no any other reviews anywhere yet, hopefully people will post more in time.
So why don't you help us all and let us know if you see anything interesting...?

Having said that, Aquatreaders are posting negative reviews as well as positive so at least they are not cherry picking yet.
I am not anywhere near ordering one for myself though i am interested to see how this will progress.

Also for FOWLR and softies these LEDs look very attractive for $269 for Quad or $159 with free shipping don't you agree?
Old 05-05-2012, 04:11 PM

ok found something else.

http://www.reefshops.com/60cm-90cm-1...n-sd-card.html

New LED fixture (120V-220V) with built in timer and controller it’s a 3W Cree Led or BridgeLux LEDs 60 degree or 90 degree optics of your choice.
9k to 18 K color.
One year warranty ( did order from them 3 times before and warranty was supported, it was one small item though (impeller) but at least i know the company exist), also has a remote control and a dimmer for different light intensity as well as moon cycle SD card slot for program storage.
Price is from 300 to $432 depending on type of LEDs and size of the fixture. So for the most expensive Cree LED model +$30 for hanging kit+ $70shipping to Canada it is $533.
Has built in fans.
As you can see they measured PAR without water which is sucks but at least they provided something, does anyone know how much PAR is lost in water, can we some how figure out what actual PAR will be reaching corals? 482 PAR at 12" without water what will that be with water I wonder?

Everyones opinion is welcome and apreciated.
thx
Old 05-05-2012, 06:51 PM

arash53 is on a distinguished road

where are they located?
Old 05-05-2012, 06:54 PM

Lower Mainland China lol
Old 05-05-2012, 06:56 PM

arash53 is on a distinguished road

Do you know how much is the shipping cost to canada?
Old 05-05-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arash53 View Post
Do you know how much is the shipping cost to canada?
$70.
To calculate: pick your fixture, put it in shopping cart.
Click on shopping cart (top left of the screen) click calculate shipping cost, choose your location postal code etc, click calculate.
There will be 3 options but I think more expensive does not mean faster shipping it will be 3 weeks anyway so when I buy from them I always pick the cheapest.

having said all that, I don't know how good the fixture is even though they say its a Cree LEDs and this very well may be, but quality of the build and electronics is a big question mark.
I got few things from them: Protein Skimmer, Calcium reactor and overflow box. All works great. But I have no idea how LED light will work we might want to look for some reviews before making a decision.

Also i would ask for a manual pdf download first because if its in Chinese (like mine for Calc reactor) it might be hard to figure out.
He speaks good english but very basic, so make yourself very clear and sometimes he needs explanation on what exactly do you mean.

Last edited by RuGlu6; 05-05-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:40 PM

Does anyone know what angle is better 60 or 90 degrees for corals?
Old 05-05-2012, 08:46 PM

FishIsGood2 is on a distinguished road

I ordered one EVO led from aquatraders and should be here next week. Then I could set it up and let you guys know how good/bad it is. I believe I should be OK cause I have only softies and LPS.

I found a LED for reef tank in the following link very interesting, they show the PAR value at different water depths. Aslo you can pick it up locally in Vancouver.

http://qpaws.ca/home.html