Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 04-29-2012, 02:11 PM

Emeraude1484 is on a distinguished road

All the other inverts were surviving. And now that the LFS has switched suppliers I have 4 happy emeralds If fixing the parameters in my tank doesn't fix the cyano issue I may look into chemiclean thank you for letting me know your pod population did fine. Gives me another option
Old 04-29-2012, 02:30 PM

daniella3d is on a distinguished road

NO3PO4X by red sea and good maintenance.

Lower your nitrates and phosphates levels to what is recommanded. I currently have cyano because my nitrates levels are out of wack with my phosphates so I must continue with the nopox dosing and eventually my phosphates will be at a very low level and bye bye cyano. Right now my phosphates are at 0.5, which is quite high, but all my SPS are doing great with great color. Since I started dosing nopox, the algae is diseparing and I have better polyp extention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraude1484 View Post
Gives me another option
Old 04-30-2012, 02:40 PM

Well... Found a rusty hair clip in the sump last night... Let's see if things settle down now!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 02:41 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraude1484 View Post
Well... Found a rusty hair clip in the sump last night... Let's see if things settle down now!!!
I had one of those in my Ca reactor for about a year, it didn't cause any issues.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:31 PM

A little update,

Cyano still a small issue, bubbles are nowhere near as bad as they were and I"m still scrapping it off whenever I do water changes.

Iodine dipped all the corals, found no pests. Acros are still looking rough but don't seem to be receeding since being fragged. The pink birdnest is actually growing! The green chalice extends feeders every night, the new orange one (added on friday)has yet to do so but had not receeded or bleached in any way. The bubble added at the same time looks fantastic.

The mandy has doubled in size in 1.5mths that it's been there. The bi-coloured blenny is bold enough to stick around the mated clown pair We added a blue-sided wrasse on friday, seemed to be doing fine. Eating mysis, swimming around and now we haven't seen him in over a day The only thing that might have affected it is temp on Sunday as we couldn't turn on the air but NOTHING else was affected.

Parameters:nitrate 0.25 nitrite 0 ammonia 0 Phosphate 0 Cal 440 Alk 7.4 (this is the only one that I'm having an issue keeping steady!) Mag 1400
Old 05-23-2012, 07:04 PM

TimT is on a distinguished road

I would try to get the Alk steady but keep it at around 7dKH. If you are using pellets or carbon dosing combined with a high alk it can lead to coral tissue recession.

Is your tank open top as wrasses like to carpet surf? They usually land in the hardest spot to find them behind the tank... Murphy's law.

If you had a temperature spike combined with a new fish addition I would watch the other fish for signs of Ick or Velvet.

Cheers,
Tim
Old 05-23-2012, 07:20 PM

Hi Tim

The issue with the Alk is that new batch salt water for water changes comes out at 9DKH which is why I was trying to aim for higher but I'm having an issue finding out a regular dosing schedule since it seems so random to me. 2 hours after a WC DKH is at 9 24 hrs later it's at 7DKH then it varies between using up .5-1 DKH/day... Cal only dropped 20ppm in a week and Mag 40ppm. What would you suggest with those results?

I went against dosing anything but cal, alk and mag until I have those steady. I'm thinking it's alk swings more than anything.

The back of the canopy is a wide open space... Darn he was gorgeous!!! I'll be sure to add a screen before we try again.

All the other fish are doing perfectly.

Thanks!
Stef