Fantasy Aquatic 1 0.97%
King eds 5 4.85%
ocean aquatics 13 12.62%
Rogers Aquatics 2 1.94%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-04-2012, 01:53 AM

fido19 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am actually really surprised that no one likes island pets
i mean sure its a barren wasteland when it comes to corals but recently they have had a good selection of salt water fish
plus they did start getting in some new stuff
Old 04-04-2012, 01:57 AM

Samw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido19 View Post
I am actually really surprised that no one likes island pets
i mean sure its a barren wasteland when it comes to corals but recently they have had a good selection of salt water fish
plus they did start getting in some new stuff
It is not that no one likes them but the poll only allows for one choice. If the poll was multiple choice to pick all stores that we liked, more people would probably check off Island Pets. J&L has by far the most selection.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:13 AM

emerald crab is on a distinguished road

Oceanic Corals for high end corals.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:25 PM

toytech is on a distinguished road

I went to oceanic corals yesterday , and as always paul is great .Not much selection right now because he was on vacation but still managed to find a few jems (he has lots of candy apple red frags if your looking for em). So by far my favorite coral store , J&L is like walmart of fish stores for me good selection and nice prices but sometimes a crapshoot to find what im looking for.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:01 PM

RuGlu6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samw View Post
Rogers is on 120th St in Surrey and Fantasy is a new store on Kingsway.
thx where is it on Kingsway?
Old 04-04-2012, 11:16 PM

Snaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuGlu6 View Post
thx where is it on Kingsway?
http://g.co/maps/hvd34
Old 04-05-2012, 05:32 PM

Carrera75 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by toytech View Post
I went to oceanic corals yesterday , and as always paul is great .Not much selection right now because he was on vacation but still managed to find a few jems (he has lots of candy apple red frags if your looking for em). So by far my favorite coral store , J&L is like walmart of fish stores for me good selection and nice prices but sometimes a crapshoot to find what im looking for.
I agree with you man. Paul always has some nice stuff that most likely you will not find anywhere else. His frags are not cheap but if you are into the more rare stuff, then this is the place to go. I don't go there often because is too far away for me but the couple times I have been there I have left pretty happy (and broke ).

I personally find J&L good for equipment and dry goods but not so great for livestock. The fish that I have bought from them often dies and whenever I am there I see sick fish in their tanks. Same goes for corals, I have rarely bought any corals from them. It seems that lately they have a high staff turn over. There are always new faces whenever I am there and often these kids don't give the right information or are not very helpful. I must say that Renee is amazing and always willing to provide sincere advice. All in all, If you are looking for decently priced dry goods and equipment, this is the store to visit for sure.

Oceanic Aquatics has a good selection of corals and its staff is not bad. I would visit this store more often but it takes a while to get there and that's a negative.

These stores that I mentioned above are the only ones that I visit on a more regular basis, which is not that often. Most of my livestock has been purchased from canreef members.

Oh, there is another store on Kingsway. We all know which store I am talking about. I go there maybe once a year. This store is not very clean and their livestock often does not look great but sometimes you find good stuff and it's prices are some of the cheapest in the city.

The review that's below is from somebody(not mine) that shopped at this store on Kingsway and will never do it again. After reading this, I highly doubt I'll go back to that store.

"I went in to get cat food, and there was a woman holding out this greasy dirty kitten. She was asking all the customers if they would take her, and that she was free. Her words were "we don't want her she's broken". The cat had broken its leg in there closet sized cat section. It was clear that the poor little kitten had fallen from the very high shelf in the top of the room that the other kittens were hanging out on. I would have to guess this was about 7 feet high. I took the kitten as I was afraid what kind of home she would end up in. I took her to a vet and ended up spending $400 in her care, as she was dehydrated and sick. It was too late to repair her leg as they had ignored it for too long and it healed crooked and now she will always have a limp and poor balance. I am happy I took her as she is now healthy and happy no thanks to this store. Please DO NOT support them! ."

Last edited by Carrera75; 04-05-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:17 AM
patd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrera75 View Post
I agree with you man. Paul always has some nice stuff that most likely you will not find anywhere else. His frags are not cheap but if you are into the more rare stuff, then this is the place to go. I don't go there often because is too far away for me but the couple times I have been there I have left pretty happy (and broke ).

I personally find J&L good for equipment and dry goods but not so great for livestock. The fish that I have bought from them often dies and whenever I am there I see sick fish in their tanks. Same goes for corals, I have rarely bought any corals from them. It seems that lately they have a high staff turn over. There are always new faces whenever I am there and often these kids don't give the right information or are not very helpful. I must say that Renee is amazing and always willing to provide sincere advice. All in all, If you are looking for decently priced dry goods and equipment, this is the store to visit for sure.

Oceanic Aquatics has a good selection of corals and its staff is not bad. I would visit this store more often but it takes a while to get there and that's a negative.

These stores that I mentioned above are the only ones that I visit on a more regular basis, which is not that often. Most of my livestock has been purchased from canreef members.

Oh, there is another store on Kingsway. We all know which store I am talking about. I go there maybe once a year. This store is not very clean and their livestock often does not look great but sometimes you find good stuff and it's prices are some of the cheapest in the city.

The review that's below is from somebody(not mine) that shopped at this store on Kingsway and will never do it again. After reading this, I highly doubt I'll go back to that store.

"I went in to get cat food, and there was a woman holding out this greasy dirty kitten. She was asking all the customers if they would take her, and that she was free. Her words were "we don't want her she's broken". The cat had broken its leg in there closet sized cat section. It was clear that the poor little kitten had fallen from the very high shelf in the top of the room that the other kittens were hanging out on. I would have to guess this was about 7 feet high. I took the kitten as I was afraid what kind of home she would end up in. I took her to a vet and ended up spending $400 in her care, as she was dehydrated and sick. It was too late to repair her leg as they had ignored it for too long and it healed crooked and now she will always have a limp and poor balance. I am happy I took her as she is now healthy and happy no thanks to this store. Please DO NOT support them! ."
Yup - that's the place I was talking about all right.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:13 PM

fido19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by patd View Post
Yup - that's the place I was talking about all right.
This particular store is on top of my do not go list, I have had really bad experiences there.
there was this one time I bought a filter from them. I did not open the packaging in front of them i mean who would. I went home and found that the canister had a crack on the side, called the company and they requested I returnt it to the store for a full refund, went to the store and the owner refused to refund claiming that the damage was my fault.
After about a week of exchanging emails with the filter manufacturer and sending them a copy of the receipt they sent a box to my address with a new filter free of charge( they did request i send the old one back but they let me keep the media).
Old 04-07-2012, 09:33 PM

Millepora_Maniac is on a distinguished road

You are missing oceanic corals from this list

90 gal SPS display+65 gallon mixed reef
GEAR: Korallin calcium reactor, bio pellets, digital aquatics controller, Tunze ATO, MP40, 4 x Tunze 6105 w/controller, Reef Octopus Xp3000 ext, 2x250w MH, Futura LED.