Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-24-2012, 09:06 PM

Funky_Fish14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Funky_Fish14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefgoat View Post
but I think most people turn vegan for ethical reasons, not primarily their health.

Also I would dispute the claim that our digestive systems are designed to eat large quantities of meat. I'm curious why you think being a Vegan would be hard on someones body compared to eating food like McDonalds regularly?

I wasn't suggesting people did it for health reasons. I was just saying I dont get it. Animals will be eaten, if not by us then by other animals... If they are humanely 'euthanized' then it just makes sense to me we should continue eating them.

We used to eat bison and wooly mammoths and deer and other critters. We evolved through tens of thousands of years, all of our ancestral forms eating meat. I don't see how we aren't made to eat it? Meat has always been more accessible than cultivated foods (not to say we didn't eat plants and berries and flowers and what-not).

I'm pretty much the opposite of a vegan, but not barbaric. Though I still enjoy a variety of salads and vegetables, grains, etc.

Cheers,

Chris

Sent from iPhone's tapatalk - Please excuse poor writing!