Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 02-16-2012, 04:35 AM

Snufflupagus is on a distinguished road

Red coral Edmonton post all there prices and even have little cards made for each type of fish in that tank explaining a little bit about the fish and the conditions it likes and so on. I find the prices to be fair there and they are always willing to debate issues if you have them.

I also have noticed that pricing in Calgary (for the most part) is cheaper. Being an out of towner, the stores I enjoy and deal with are Red Coral and Golds from time to time. I usually only do coral shopping these days as I'm in no need for more livestock, but for cost and quality I rely on these two stores. I never have luck at seeing anything worth while at the other stores, now that might just be because everyone else gets there long before I have the chance.

Another thought for you...get everything off here. Reefers are always selling quality items and most of them are great to deal with. Met many great people on here and prices are always great!

Those are my two cents.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:02 AM

SauceBoss is an unknown quantity at this point

+1 to the prices on coral at golds. Quite reasonable.
Forgot abut the huge bumble bee grouper at Pisces thats $699 LOLOL

Last edited by SauceBoss; 02-16-2012 at 06:13 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:11 PM

paddyob is on a distinguished road

$300 for s purple. Wow. Someone was trying to take you. Even at AI they are about $150.

What you see yes. But pics are not updated daily. Things are not always what they appear in pics.

Just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
WYSIWYG sections are your friend paddyob.

I have to agree with the guy you quoted if I can have it shipped to my door for cheaper than the store price then its too high.

In Lethbridge it used to be worth while to drive to Calgary (in most cases it still is) because even with the gas it was cheaper there.

When I visited Edmonton from what I seen it was the same thing, still cheaper to drive to Calgary. The $300 purple tang still sticks in my head. I just bought one from Gold's from the Red Sea for $125. Not all stores were like that the of the few I stopped in there was one whos prices were very reasonable and even let me look around when I said I was from Lethbridge, even though it was past closing.

My 70 Gallon build:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66478

My Mandarin Paradise:

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72762

I wonder... does anyone care enough to read signatures if you make them really small? I would not. I would probably moan and complain, read three words and swear once or twice. But since you made it this far, please rate my builds.