Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal

Old 12-12-2011, 04:21 AM

evaneatspie555 is on a distinguished road

so today i noticed my yellow tang has ich wich makes me think all my fish have it i found white dots on the tangs body so i am planing on feeding with garlic as i have heard it works good then once i get my lights and corals go into the display i will take the carbon out and use a medication on the fish since there in my q tank i hope i dont loose anyone. and now that i have the ich scare i will be getting 2 cleaner shrimp forsure and isnt there a wrasse or goby or something that cleans fish of parasites as well .?
Old 12-12-2011, 11:25 PM

The medication has started today I also raised the temp and will be feeding garlic soaked food hopefully I don't loose anyone. If I do I will have just corals in my tank for a while get some shrimp first then slowly add fish
Old 12-15-2011, 07:35 PM

k well the medication period has ended and the fish are fine now no signs of ich. i also got my lights in today and will be posting pictures of the old lights and the new lights soon. all is well

Old 12-16-2011, 01:55 AM

and this is the new lights they have all blue mode all white mode and a mixed mode i love them my corals already seem better.

my mushrooms
my hammer coral and an unknown zoa or paly not sure

and emerald
Old 12-18-2011, 11:37 PM

Fish are in and happy eating lots. I started using kalk drip an a coral supplement. U can really tell al the fish were from a small tank they still stay really close to eachother only using Hal the tank at a time hopefully they spread out a little once I get my 2 cleaner shrimp and 3 blue reef chromis and some kind of show piece fish I'm still undecided I was thinking a flame or a bicolor angel any thoughts

Last edited by evaneatspie555; 12-19-2011 at 03:03 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:38 PM

well it looks like i will be waiting 8 weeks to add any new fish as i had to catch my fish and stick them in quarintine. i guess the ich wasnt all gone so i gave my fish a 5 minute freshwater dip in the medication then added them to quarentine wich i filled with water from the display. i then added the correct amount of medication water is blue again and they will be living in there for 8 weeks now. the only fish i couldnt cath was my royal dottyback. hate that guy too small and fast i will be feeding him from the net to help make it easier to catch him. i will also be feeding with garlic soaked food and am getting my 2 cleaner shrimp sometime this week. other then that major disapointment everything is good i got a torch coral a few days ago and it is loving my lights my hammer coral is groing everyday and my mushrooms are neon. my zoas are showing colors they have never shown before and my kenya tree is getting bigger everyday. its a sad day in my aquarium career
Old 12-27-2011, 04:03 AM

ok so after my novice reefer mistake of thinkin the medication can cure ich over a week sucks i now have all my fish in a 5 gallon qt and they will stay there medicated for ive been told at least a month so that the main tank can get rid of the ich in it. is that long enough and i also purchased my 2 cleaner shrimp today there transition into the main tank was flawless as well as 5 more snail and hermits( i have been having alot of browny green hair like algea lately and was figuring its due to the rocks i bought having it on them and no skimmer on that tank yet and i hadnt done a water change in like 2 weeks so i will be doing a couple water changes over this week to help with that. now that i have a large tank im thinkig of using vodka dosing or something just a thought. any suggestions on how best to get rid of this algea other then get a tang lol i have one and he would e a fatty but ich is still there
Old 01-28-2012, 06:36 PM

my new addition and a tank update too come

Last edited by evaneatspie555; 01-28-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:31 AM

I'm going to be moving soon so I am sadly taking this tank down soon but will downsize it all into a 30 gallon tank or around that size