Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 02-23-2004, 04:26 PM

monza is on a distinguished road

My LTA is attached to rock in a moderate/light flow area. He just went there and has been there for some time. I tried to corral him and it worked so keep trying.

Dave
Old 02-23-2004, 04:43 PM

AJ_77 is on a distinguished road

Mine (Deb's) prefers to be backed into a corner, foot in the sand but up against a large rock or two also. I did prepare a shallow depression in the sand when it came to me, and that seemed to help.

It has moved since, in response to high current. It's now backed up against a rock wall, in moderate/low flow.

HTH, let us know how it does - if this goes on much longer, I may have to "sit" it for you...

Old 02-23-2004, 04:56 PM

Quinn is on a distinguished road

My LTA is also rooted in the sand, up against a large rock. It put its foot down the night I brought it home, and has moved approximately 6" from that original location, most likely also due to current adjustments. The flow in its current location is just enough to cause the mass of tentacles to sway gently essentially in unison.

Man, n. ...His chief occupation is extermination of other animals and his own species, which, however, multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to infest the whole habitable earth, and Canada. - A. Bierce, Devil's Dictionary, 1906
Old 02-23-2004, 09:59 PM

Wetback is on a distinguished road

Thanks to all of you for your input...I just got home from work and he is still in the same place we left him this am but not rooted in any way.We will try the sand depression to see if this helps him along..OK !!! Norberto will try the sand depression to see if this helps him along. And Allan if we don't have any luck you will be the first we ask to "SIT" for us tks again Tina