Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 12-22-2011, 03:54 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by doch View Post
Go to a pet store and pick up "Nature's Miracle"... spary it on the areas, let it dry. This is what we use to make sure the animals don't pee on the already peed on spots, as they're attracted to pee on the spots that they've already 'marked'.
+2

great stuff. saturate the area and rub it in. let it sit for 5 min the blot it up. My dog only had three accidents during training but never in the same spot cuz that stuff destroys the smell (even destroys cat urin which is way stronger). and I will go as far to say if it doesn't work, you may need to pull your carpet up and seal the wood underneath.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:05 PM

lorenz0 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the advice guys. Trying baking soda right now. I'll hit petland tomorrow and see if they have that chemical if this doesn't work
Old 12-22-2011, 07:40 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobytron View Post
You need to crate train your less than housebroken guest.

Your dog is likely peeing too, it's a dominance, territorial thing when one can mark freely and the other cant.

You could wind up with your dog losing his willingness to go outside.

crate training= best thing me and my dog ever learned.....never once peed on my floor even as a puppy and now he loves his crate some days he retreats there with his toys or treats and is in there for hours all on his own will.....also learned the seperation thing and is now quiet as a mouse if im not home also since he wasnt left to roam the house as a puppy while i wasnt home he now has a respect for my things when hes home alone i think it was a great thing for us to do....takes time though and cant be rushed
Old 12-23-2011, 03:16 AM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
crate training= best thing me and my dog ever learned.....never once peed on my floor even as a puppy and now he loves his crate some days he retreats there with his toys or treats and is in there for hours all on his own will.....also learned the seperation thing and is now quiet as a mouse if im not home also since he wasnt left to roam the house as a puppy while i wasnt home he now has a respect for my things when hes home alone i think it was a great thing for us to do....takes time though and cant be rushed
I did the crate training at first, then slowly increased his out time when I wasn't home to the point we only used the crate for sleeping. he can be out for 12 hours in the house and never touches anything thats not his and no accidents. at night now he sleeps on a pillow beside my bed. we only use the crate when traveling now and I doubt I will be using it for that anymore.

The accident we did have was as a puppy I kept him confined to a specific area with play time outside of his area. when it was time to start increasing his boundries he had two accidents with in a week then not another since.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:37 PM

goby1 is on a distinguished road

When housetraining my dog I tried the Nature's Miracle but it was a waste of time and money. I put my money on Spot Shot - you can buy it at most grocery stores etc - it has an orange lid - and it really works. In the end you will probably have to replace your carpets and I second the opinion to crate train your dog. Done properly it will save you a lot of headaches.